MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > After Building the Beast - Operating , Troubleshooting and Maintenance > General - MM Operating
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Wed 17 November 2010, 09:03
Greg J
Just call me: Greg #13

Hagerman, New Mexico
United States of America
Mach 3 CV settings

I'm cutting some 3D models using Cut3D and need to speed my cut times up (or is it decrease my cut times, ). I came upon this 3 page document on the Mach forum describing CV settings. Its a good read.

http://www.machsupport.com/docs/Mach3_CVSettings_v2.pdf
Old Wed 17 November 2010, 14:36
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Greg,

I have read that page a bunch of times when I was having problems with my cutting. Yes, it is a very good thing. I have a little experience with this. Send an email or call if you still have my number.
Old Wed 17 November 2010, 14:49
Greg J
Just call me: Greg #13

Hagerman, New Mexico
United States of America
Thanks Bud,

The issue was me again. I had set my "look ahead" to 5 lines when I was cutting allot of profiles. Don't ask why, I now know there are better way for what I was trying to do.

Anyways, now I'm cutting 3D models again and the cut quality was great, but I didn't like the "jerky" motion and long cut times. Changed the "look ahead" to 50 lines and everything is smooth, and fast. Reduced my cut times by one hour.

The MM would be one heck of a machine if it wasn't for the operator.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read