MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > The Market Place
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old Fri 20 February 2009, 16:22
kanankeban
Just call me: Hector #89

Monterrey
Mexico
Angry Mcmaster not selling outside US

I can not belive what happen to me today!!! I had a so crude atention from mcmaster. I live in Mexico, and have address in US where i receive all my orders i make to US suppliers. I called by phone to this todd character, and never aswered my calls just a answering machine and some crude emails, I called other person in LA and I told her this sounded like racist or what else? She asked for my phone so someone can call me back and give me a explanation...well im still waiting the call.
I placed a order today in the morning and hours later I received this email, just read it and make your own conclusion...guess Ill have to buy from others to get my mechmate done...

Quote:
Hector,

We are not able to process your orders.

Todd

Sent: Friday, February 20, 2009 5:27 PM
To: atl.sales@correspondence.mcmaster.com;
Subject: RE: Important Order Information from McMaster-Carr----Order problem, please help...
Todd,
I called by phone to see if we can agree something your answering machine taked the call. I really need this order to finish a machine Im building in a tight schedule. I purchased a copule of years ago form mcmaster this same way and it was a awesome service. I have both addresses in Mexico and US (Texas), all merchandise I buy for my business gets to US I don’t see a problem in processing my order, could you please help me out and tell me how can I get my order done.
Kindest Regards,
Hector Quintanilla

De: atl.sales@mcmaster.com [mailto:atl.sales@mcmaster.com]
Enviado el: Friday, February 20, 2009 11:11 AM
Para: haqg@prodigy.net.mx
Asunto: Important Order Information from McMaster-Carr

Hector,
Due to the ever-increasing complexity of U. S. Export regulations, McMaster-Carr has decided to continue to accept orders only from a few, long-established export customers. Consequently, we are unable to process orders for private individuals outside the domestic United States, in Puerto Rico, or in the U. S. Virgin Islands.
Todd
McMaster-Carr
Has this happened to others?

Last edited by kanankeban; Fri 20 February 2009 at 16:24..
Old Fri 20 February 2009, 16:29
kanankeban

Monterrey
Mexico
Found this other thread...guess im not the only one....
http://www.biofuelsforum.com/using_b..._carr_bad.html
Old Fri 20 February 2009, 16:42
YRD
Just call me: Yuri #17

Brasilia - DF
Brazil
Hector,

Months ago asked "Gas Springs."

I got the same answer.

Other suppliers have the same policy.

I need to import Al 6061 for Brasil and I can not.
Old Fri 20 February 2009, 17:41
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Hector,
I am in Canada and had no problem ordering parts from Mcmaster and having them delivered to my work address in the states.
Old Fri 20 February 2009, 17:44
kanankeban

Monterrey
Mexico
Heath,
Did you payed with a US card or Canadian? I ordered the parts to be delivered to my address in the States, and they did not processed the order either way, guess that I shouldnt payed with a mexican credit card, that is the only way they figured out that I was Mexican, this guys are nuts...There is a comercial agrrement between US-Canada-and Mexico and this guys are way out of business!

Last edited by kanankeban; Fri 20 February 2009 at 17:48..
Old Fri 20 February 2009, 18:09
domino11

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Hector,
I used a Canadian credit card and had my bill address as my Canadian address and my ship address was my US shipping address. I live in Canada. They said they would also ship directly to Canada but it was easier for me with duty and cheaper for shipping to have it shipped to the US address.
Old Fri 20 February 2009, 18:22
kanankeban

Monterrey
Mexico
Heath,
When was these?
Right now my order in their web page says it will be shipped on monday morning but the email says that it can not be processed...ill see what happens on monday, i doubt it because i phone called them and they were not of so much help. So right now on friday i dont know if i was billed to my credit card or not...and if the order will go true or not...
Old Fri 20 February 2009, 18:54
domino11

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Hector,
My order was a month or so ago. I am not sure why they are giving you difficult time with this order since it will be shipped to the US.
Old Fri 20 February 2009, 19:17
kanankeban

Monterrey
Mexico
Heath,
Thanks for the feedback, Ill wait and see what happens on monday...
Old Fri 20 February 2009, 21:10
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
I have online ordered from McMaster, paid by South African credit card and had them deliver to various addresses in the US on many occassions. I think that I had to "lie" about "my" contact information - McMaster wants to be able to call a local person if the shipment goes wrong, and I think they want a local person's name on the invoice for tax/customs purposes. But the payment with my off-shore card was never a problem.
Old Sat 21 February 2009, 17:43
domino11

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Ah yes. Thanks Gerald, I forgot that I have a US number that rings to me direct in Canada for work. That may have been a plus in my situation as well.
Old Sat 21 February 2009, 22:58
kanankeban

Monterrey
Mexico
Ill wait for monday or tuesday to see what goes on if not ill make the order one more time and try to lie someway.... I have bank accounts in us but never asked for a debit or credit card although they have offered me some...guess is time to get one...
Old Sat 21 February 2009, 23:03
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Basically, I appointed a person in the US as my buyer, which wasn't a lie, but I was hoping all the the time that they did not call that person with difficult questions.
Old Sun 22 February 2009, 06:22
kanankeban

Monterrey
Mexico
Gerald,
So how did you fill out the information in the mcmaster account?
As I recall, there is no shipping and billing address in their system, as usuall with other merchants. There is just diffrent shipping addresses.
With the information i provided the only way they know that im not in the us is because the credit card, telephone I provided or my email address that has a .mx in it...Ill try later with different email, and a us telephone and with the foreign card an see if it works. is this the way you did it?
Old Sun 22 February 2009, 07:41
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
There was a friendly guy from this forum who volunteered to receive my parts from various suppliers, pack them all into into crate, and then forward that on to me. I used his information everywhere I could on McMaster's form, except for my own credit card info.
Old Sun 22 February 2009, 11:12
kanankeban

Monterrey
Mexico
Gerald,
Do you mean...the shipping address and name was from your friend, and obiously the credit card was with your name?
Old Sun 22 February 2009, 11:17
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Yes, only the credit card in my name.
Old Sun 22 February 2009, 16:57
kanankeban

Monterrey
Mexico
Ill try that later...an see...Thanks
Old Mon 23 February 2009, 09:38
astrolavista
Just call me: Rene #29

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Canada
Is there alternatives? In Canada?
Old Mon 23 February 2009, 10:26
Robert M
Just call me: Robert

Lac-Brome, Qc
Canada
Send a message via Yahoo to Robert M Send a message via Skype™ to Robert M
Hi Rene,
Their surly some alternatives, not easy to find though
What I’ve been doing for ages is I get all my US purchases shipped to a US postal PO address with parcel accepted.
Simple, cheep, and they keep my parcels for 15 days before returning to sender. This 15 days allows me to consolidate in time a few shipment and make my trip to pick-up and going at the border for custom declarations all more worth while !
My way of doing / going around.
Amicalement, Robert
Old Mon 23 February 2009, 21:31
domino11

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Rene,
Mcmaster told me they have no problem shipping directly to Canada for Canadian customers. You would only have to worry about the duty on any of the items and taxes of course. Give them a call and ask. Thats why I was not sure why Hector was having so much trouble.

Hope you get your situation fixed Hector.
Old Tue 24 February 2009, 07:24
kanankeban

Monterrey
Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M View Post
Hi Rene,
Their surly some alternatives, not easy to find though
What I’ve been doing for ages is I get all my US purchases shipped to a US postal PO address with parcel accepted.
Simple, cheep, and they keep my parcels for 15 days before returning to sender. This 15 days allows me to consolidate in time a few shipment and make my trip to pick-up and going at the border for custom declarations all more worth while !
My way of doing / going around.
Amicalement, Robert
I just doing the same for 20 years...The difference is that i have a wharehouse in the States that receives all my US purchases. And this is the first time someone doesnt want to sell me something because as person im not fisically in US, although the purchases will be shipped inside the US to a warehouse NOT EXPORT. But this guys have a SQUARE HEAD. Maybe ill go to the border, cross to US and make a call and place the order from there and explain to them that im fisically with my feet standing in US soil (im being sarcastic )and see if this works!!!

Last edited by kanankeban; Tue 24 February 2009 at 07:29..
Old Tue 24 February 2009, 08:33
Robert M
Just call me: Robert

Lac-Brome, Qc
Canada
Send a message via Yahoo to Robert M Send a message via Skype™ to Robert M
Way the GO HECTOR !!
Tell them where you stand…. Hopping the best for you, Robert
Old Tue 24 February 2009, 10:16
Conrado_Navarro
Just call me: CONRADO NAVARRO #55

OBREGON
Mexico
Send a message via MSN to Conrado_Navarro Send a message via Yahoo to Conrado_Navarro
Hector:

A service like that does not deserve my attention
here in Mexico you can buy pinions and racks
here is where I got my racks

APPLIED MEXICO,SA DE CV
applied.com.mx

Best Regards
Old Tue 24 February 2009, 16:51
kanankeban

Monterrey
Mexico
Conrado,
So you got yours from there? ifso, how much did you paid?
I did order the racks from mcmaster in first instance over others because of consolidating just one order with one supplier...but now...screw mcmaster! I made a second atempt all information of US but paying with a mexican card...i turns out to this hour that it didnt work because im seeing that my order either it was shipped and i didnt received a email with the shipping confirmation or either they erased my order again
Old Tue 24 February 2009, 18:17
Conrado_Navarro
Just call me: CONRADO NAVARRO #55

OBREGON
Mexico
Send a message via MSN to Conrado_Navarro Send a message via Yahoo to Conrado_Navarro
Yes, for me, mcmaster was not an option.
The payment for the all set of rack was about 540 dlls at applied mexico
I asked a quotation to local wokshop and it was $1,265 dlls
Old Tue 24 February 2009, 18:54
kanankeban

Monterrey
Mexico
auch!
Old Tue 24 February 2009, 22:49
rkd
Just call me: Ryan

BC
Canada
McMaster told me not that long ago that they were only shipping to non-US customers if they already had an account at the time that they made the decision to not ship outside the states. I'm in Canada and tried ordering some rack and pinion components and got an email the next day saying that they were no longer shipping to new customers outside of the US. Oh well, if they don't want my money, I guess I'll just give it to someone who does.
Old Wed 25 February 2009, 03:31
kanankeban

Monterrey
Mexico
Quote:
not ship outside the states
The thing in my case they are shipping inside the states, but because im outside they asume that the merchandise will go out of the states, and they dont sell to me.

Gerald,
Guess we have to start looking for some other suppliers all of those outside US.

I bought the IGUS cable carriers from www.reidsupply.com cheaper than mcmaster (about 30 dlls less), the only turnoaround was that they didnt have them in stock, 2 weeks wait, not problem at all with them, they appreciated my business, I got a thanks email, and a invitation for a contest for some free stuff, It made me feel better after mcmaster insident .Only two things more from macmaster I wish, tension springs, and gas springs, but sure ill get them from some one else ...

Along the years I copied some US business practices, becasue i always admired the way to do business in that country, Im dissapointed to se this type of thinks starting to happen. In my country we still trust in a good hand shake

Last edited by kanankeban; Wed 25 February 2009 at 03:46..
Old Wed 25 February 2009, 09:47
domino11

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Ryan,
I made my first order with Mcmaster about 3 months ago and they told me there was no problem shipping to my US address, being I was a Canadian and there was no problem shipping to me in Canada if I wanted that either. I was a new customer at that time. I had also heard about not shipping outside the US or for non US customers but the rep I talked with said that was not a problem for me for some reason. Seems it depends on who you talk to at Mcmaster?
Closed Thread

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read