MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Construction started, but not cutting yet
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 22 April 2008, 19:21
Helsingtwelve
Just call me: James

Houston
United States of America
Working on the belt drives - Houston Texas

Hi I need to know who Is making the Mechmate here in the Texas area I need a good Price

Thanks

Helsingtwelve
Old Wed 23 April 2008, 01:35
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Van,

This is a U Make It CNC Machine. The price is cost of materials and what you charge yourself to build the machine. Or what you farm out to have some of the work done for you.
Old Wed 23 April 2008, 06:52
dmoore
Just call me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helsingtwelve View Post
Hi I need to know who Is making the Mechmate here in the Texas area I need a good Price
I just started cutting the steel for my new MechMate last night. I live in the Houston area - far north houston near the woodlands off I-45/Hardy Toll Road.

I'd either be happy to "rent" you time in the shop - including use of all the tools or if you can wait for me to complete my MechMate, I might be able to work out something with you and build it for you.

Please be aware that "cheap" could be in the 9 to 11k range for a fully built MechMate (motors, drivers, software, etc.)

Last edited by dmoore; Wed 23 April 2008 at 06:59..
Old Fri 25 April 2008, 12:24
Glenn D
Just call me: Glenn

Baton Rouge, La.
United States of America
Smile Getting ready to cut Parts Texas/LA.

Hi my name is Glenn and I am just about the same stage as you are getting ready to cut. Have you found any body to cut your parts out yet ? I look over the prints and found out just what I need . I will be useing the 34 motor size. There are two place here in Baton Rouge that I will get an estimate . We could get togeatherand save some MONEY . We could build just one rail cutting tool and both use it. I don't like the price of the bearing on the tool $$. Do you know of a place in Houston that mite on something like this. There is another person he who is think of building a table also. I sent your tread to my son he lives in Conrow not to far from you.
Old Fri 25 April 2008, 12:51
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Darce View Post
We could build just one rail cutting tool and both use it. I don't like the price of the bearing on the tool $$.
Glenn,
The bearings for the grinder skate are only a few dollars a piece. I think you are referring to the V wheel bearings for the slides. Those are more expensive.

Check the posts for laser cut parts, there are a few guys in the states that already have had parts cut and bent, they might be able to send you a kit of what you need.
Old Sat 26 April 2008, 22:14
dmoore
Just call me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Darce View Post
Hi my name is Glenn and I am just about the same stage as you are getting ready to cut. Have you found any body to cut your parts out yet ? I look over the prints and found out just what I need . I will be useing the 34 motor size. There are two place here in Baton Rouge that I will get an estimate . We could get togeatherand save some MONEY . We could build just one rail cutting tool and both use it. I don't like the price of the bearing on the tool $$. Do you know of a place in Houston that mite on something like this. There is another person he who is think of building a table also. I sent your tread to my son he lives in Conrow not to far from you.
I havn't posted my current progress as of yet but I have already started on my MechMate. I purchased the "full options" laser cut kit from another board member in Alabama for $420. I've also sourced all the parts except for the rack and the motors. I would work out a group buy or look at some of the other posts for sources of pre-cut parts. I feel that the $420 (with shipping) I paid was well worth the quality of the parts I received. The full options cut list also includes the brackets for the "skate".

As domino11 mentioned in the prior post, the eccentrics from the Z slide can be used for the skate and you can purchase the bearings for the skate at the same time you purchase the v-rollers from Superior Bearing. Check my prior posts on this subject - I've already talked with the guy that runs Superior Bearing and he knows exactly what bearings you will need (including the skate bearings). Trust me - the skate is the least of your costs. Currently I am at over $4,000 without the drivers, software, interface card, etc (which I already have from another CNC machine).

If your son wants to come down from Conroe, I'd be happy show him what I've done so far and to provide him a preliminary copy of my "highly detailed" bill of materials. Just private message me if you need the phone number.

Thanks,
david
Old Sun 27 April 2008, 09:11
Art
Just call me: Art #2

Lancaster,Texas
United States of America
Dallas area

I live in Lancaster, TX , on the south edge of Dallas. While I would love to build the MM for you I don't have the time. I will be glad to help in any other way.
Old Sun 27 April 2008, 11:34
dmoore
Just call me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
I live in Lancaster, TX , on the south edge of Dallas. While I would love to build the MM for you I don't have the time. I will be glad to help in any other way.

Art -

I've looked over your website and I must say that one time when I'm up near Dallas, I'd like to stop in an meet you. You sound like a really interesting guy.

Thanks,
david
Old Tue 27 July 2010, 13:36
Helsingtwelve

Houston
United States of America
my parts are on the Way I'm going belt drive
Old Sat 07 August 2010, 10:22
Helsingtwelve

Houston
United States of America
Talking Modeling process

Thanks Mike; her are the first images of how I'll be putting my belt drive together, and every one please notice the Laser cut parts from Metalhead /Mike was ship fast, see the close up image of the assembly quality, and impressive precision, just looking a this Y CAR toke me to a place of calm and comfort. Mr. Gerald you are a winner

Pushing hard to become 66 or 69.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 96.jpg (44.8 KB, 733 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 97.jpg (61.5 KB, 730 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 99.jpg (118.1 KB, 730 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 110.jpg (111.9 KB, 730 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 113.jpg (109.2 KB, 733 views)
Old Thu 24 November 2016, 22:00
Helsingtwelve

Houston
United States of America
Innocent

In the mean time this is just a pictures of some innocent people I hope they are ok
Attached Images
File Type: gif Usafe copy.gif (139.1 KB, 345 views)
Old Thu 24 November 2016, 23:15
Helsingtwelve

Houston
United States of America
More Good Pictures

More Pictures
Attached Images
File Type: gif runner.gif (95.3 KB, 343 views)
File Type: gif Gear.gif (108.3 KB, 344 views)
Old Wed 04 January 2017, 01:33
Helsingtwelve

Houston
United States of America
Video Of Belt Drive

Some time spent on this Belt Drive system the precision was good but I needed more accurate work around when it came to down-scaling like working on PCB so here is the video this was put together with the help of Mike, he also will have some of same parts for any one on the forum.

https://youtu.be/GRtRIRN5l7Q
Old Wed 04 January 2017, 05:43
Fox
Just call me: Fox

Amsterdam
Netherlands
Is this a new design or are you after the current record for longest belt drive built
Old Thu 05 January 2017, 16:58
Kornerking
Just call me: Pete #127

Big Falls, Mn
United States of America
I purchased all the parts from sources on the forum then started building.
29 days later I had an operating machine
I believe I have recouped the cost twice in 10 months.

Don't try to over think the building of a Mechmate. Just build it.
Old Thu 27 April 2017, 21:29
IamDave
Just call me: Davey

Ball Ground, GA
United States of America
29 Days is awesome time for a build like this..
Old Sat 29 April 2017, 15:59
Helsingtwelve

Houston
United States of America
Video Of Controller Box Geckodrive G203V REV-7

https://youtu.be/zndFrjYAHI0

This is the setting up process to cut using Micro end-mill or small cutters
thanks

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read