MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > MechMates already cutting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 23 January 2007, 10:36
Gerald_D
Just call me:

Very glad to hear that you found the problem!!

Also very sorry to hear that I give the impression that I have blown fuses. I know that I have an abrupt manner, but please don't read it as angry. This project is squeezed in between other projects and I mostly don't have time to talk about the weather and cricket
Old Tue 23 January 2007, 11:00
fabrica
Just call me:

Gerald, I know that you would be one of the happiest guys to learn that I have overcome this tricky issue.

It is now 11.10 pm local time. I was waiting for a response from you before I hit the deck.

Talking about blowing fuses, Don't take it up too personally. The remark was made just to inject some houmuor into a very formal discussion on this thread and theirby to make it a bit more lively.

I also wish to mention here on this thread that if not for the strict dicipline that you have enforced on this forum this disucuusin board would have been loaded with a lot of unwanted crap.

Hats off to all you guys in this forum who made my life easier in the process of making this machine into a working beast, specially you Gerald.

My story does not end here. If I do not encounter anymore serious issues in the next couple of days I would stop all activities on the machine, dismantle all components and start to give everything a good finsh. Once this is done I will post a lot of pics for you guys. By doing so if I could make life somewhat easier for the guys who will be building Mechmates in the future, I would be the happiest guy under the sun.
Old Tue 23 January 2007, 11:06
fabrica
Just call me:

Thanks Doc for your efforts very much appriciated.
Old Tue 23 January 2007, 14:55
Stephen Hull
Just call me:

fabrica,
Following your progress has been, for me, like an exciting story, unfolding, wondering what was going to happen next. And what a great ending.
Also your input of questions and answers has been extremely helpful. I have parts coming in the next few weeks.

Stephen
Old Tue 23 January 2007, 15:43
DocTanner
Just call me:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!
Does this mean you get the serial number 000001SR? I reckon I need to apply for 000001US lol It is quite impressive to see one of these things running for the first time. Several problems I encountered were solved by following your log. Now the difficult part begins: the software.
Old Tue 23 January 2007, 17:37
fabrica
Just call me:

Stephen, Doc Thanks for your compliments. Hope you guys could finish off your machines as soon as possible. Believe me once the machine starts to work it's a joy to watch.
Old Tue 23 January 2007, 19:07
Hugo Carradini
Just call me:

Clap Clap Clap Clap Congratulations I think there wass a lot of people hopping for your success and fallowing very carefully this tread that turn out into something very instructive and professional. Hope to see son those pictures that I am sure are going to complement all of us that are starting to get ready to build these wonderful machine.
Regards
Hugo Carradini
PD żAny video coming soon?
Old Tue 23 January 2007, 21:32
Gerald_D
Just call me:

The whole forum went silent while everyone was watching the contest between Fabrica and his beast. In the end the beast was tamed.
Old Wed 24 January 2007, 06:35
Normand Blais
Just call me:

Wow as lively as a hockey game! 1 -0 for Fabrica in overtime. (Here the criket are frosen under the ice rink this time a year)
Old Wed 24 January 2007, 18:08
fabrica
Just call me:

Gerald, Shall I start to upload pics immedietly or can I do it after doing all the finishing work.
Old Thu 25 January 2007, 00:27
Gerald_D
Just call me:

Don't be shy to show a naked machine now - there might be some comments on things that need mods before painting.
Old Thu 25 January 2007, 05:39
fabrica
Just call me:

Ok I will start from tomorrow. Spent the whole day today doing up a dust collector and fixing home switches.

If I am to do a vac hold down what should the specs be for a vacuum pump. If I know the correct specs maybe I could find a used one from a Junk yard.> Discussion taken here
Old Wed 07 February 2007, 12:02
Gerald_D
Just call me:

Hi Fabrica

You have been very quiet in the last few weeks - how about some news? I want to see blue paint!

I am thinking of a special gallery of finished machines linked directly to the front page of the MechMate website. "Finished" means running, cutting, painted "Ford" blue and the official logo on the side of the gantry. You might still beat Doc Tanner to the no. 1 spot...
Old Thu 08 February 2007, 03:55
Gerald_D
Just call me:

Fabrica sent me a message to say that he will be back here in a few days - he has been spending time abroad in Singapore.
Old Thu 08 February 2007, 17:30
David Rosenbleeth
Just call me:

Gee Gerald-You sound just like someone who's first baby is late!!!
Old Thu 08 February 2007, 21:42
Gerald_D
Just call me:

Old Tue 13 February 2007, 18:15
fabrica
Just call me:

Please let me apologize for the long absence from this forum. This was due to personel reason I had to travel abroad.

I do observe that a lot of progress has been made by a lot of guys during my period of absence. Well done guys.

The discussions are hotting up by the day. That is good news for everybody.
Old Tue 13 February 2007, 23:56
fabrica
Just call me:

Gerald, Where can I find the dxf files of the logo.
Old Wed 14 February 2007, 06:13
Gerald_D
Just call me:

Any of the .dxf files for CNC profile cutting (.zip) have the logo in the title block of the drawing. That logo is then also in .dxf format - it can be accurately scaled to any size.
Old Wed 14 February 2007, 10:24
Irfanulla
Just call me:

Daya- Hi,

Pictures speak more than words- No pictures yet , its like making us more desperate by the day....Though this is the post after long time i think u might have some photos of your machine in what u can call as birthday suite. No paint- and unfinished.....please post them if u have them

Regards
IRfan
Old Wed 14 February 2007, 20:06
fabrica
Just call me:

Irfanulla, Just give me a few more hours. I will uplaod the pics.
Old Thu 15 February 2007, 06:39
fabrica
Just call me:

The control box in the process of being wired.

The inside of the control box. Three fans mounted, two blowing in and one sucking out.

The power in and out sockets mounted on to the box. The box was done locally in our workshop.

The coil being separated by a Alum enclosure to minimise electrical noise filtering out.

The control box wired and ready to go.
Old Thu 15 February 2007, 07:29
fabrica
Just call me:

The motors driving the X axis mounted on the Gantry. The wire which connect the motors to Control box are screened to avoid noise pickup.

The inside of the Gantry shown. Observe the limit switches being mounted. These limits function as homming switches as well. In my Mechmate the the X and Y axis are being homed in by these switches. The Z axis Zero is still done manually. The yellow box into which a Red push button is is mounted is the E-Stop.

The other side of the gantry shown. The Yellow wire is the earth wire.

The cables being routed through the cableway.The green and yellow wires are earth wires. These wires are connect in series the Z, Y and X axis and is grounded.

The Pic shows the Z axis. The limit switch is mounted at the top. I will uplaod a pic from the front side tomorrow.This will give you'll a clearer picture.

The legs of the Table and the Rack being shown.

The complete machine shown ready to go into production sans the Mechmate Logo. This would be fixed tomorrow and more pics uploaded.
Old Thu 15 February 2007, 07:45
fabrica
Just call me:

If any of you guys need more pics of the machine. You are most welcome to route such requests through this forum.
Old Thu 15 February 2007, 08:46
Gerald_D
Just call me:

Applause!

(I could make a few comments, but first I have to drink a glass of wine to your honour....)
Old Thu 15 February 2007, 08:58
fabrica
Just call me:

Gerald, If not for you specially and and the other guys in this forum this machine would have never seen daylight. Hat's off to all you guys for helping me.

I am open to critisisms and suggestions. I love it. It is only through such comments that you could perfect your machine and also at the same time use this forum to build the best available machine under the sun which gives you good value for money.
Old Thu 15 February 2007, 10:25
Irfanulla
Just call me:

Fabrice Thumbs upto you,

Good to see the machine work, probably u might post a video later.....Gerald u have details on teh mains wiring, or fabrica can u provide me the main wiring, cause though of topic teh controller I made using the UHU controller makes the MCB at home trip every time i try to put on the controller, probably there is a soft start switch for teh power supply, meaning the stuff next to your torroid transformer in picture 4 , what are those and how have you interfaced the proximity switches to teh Mach soft ware.

BTB are u in one of the pictures holding the file

Good luck cutting wood..........
Old Thu 15 February 2007, 10:54
Gerald_D
Just call me:

Irfanulla, I have created a special thread to discuss Fabrica's control box over here. The pictures are duplicated there.
Old Thu 15 February 2007, 13:22
Gerald_D
Just call me:

Fabrica, some of your orientations are unusual. I am trying to figure out which corner of your table is x,y = 0,0. My normal experience is....

- the y-motor is towards the x=0 side,
- the cables hanging from the gantry, going to the control box, are at y=max.
- the router is off-center in the y-car and located as close as possible to the y-motor. (makes bit changing easier from the 0,0 side and is nearer the y-rack.)

We walk a lot on the y=0 side and that is why we prefer the cables on the other side. (We walk there because most jobs are clamped on the y=0 baseline.)
Old Thu 15 February 2007, 19:42
fabrica
Just call me:

The Y motor (shaft of the motor) is towards the X=0 side. Yes

Cables hanging from Gantry going to control box are at Y=Max. Yes

Router is off centre all right but must check and see waether it is mounted nearest to the Y motor. I am stiull at home.

Irfanulla can you re-phrase your question. For example what do you mean by "UHU controller and topic Teh Controller"

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read