MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Electrical & Electronic > 60. Wiring & Cable Management
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 28 January 2014, 11:51
andrewuk
Just call me: Andrew

leeds
United Kingdom
spindle

Hi Im thinking of buying a spindle and inverter, my first choice was a water cooled spindle like most people seem to use, but I have seen a 3kw air cooled spindle and inverter for only £230.00 it looks like the same as a couple of forum members have, are the air cooled spindles as versatile as water cooled as I have read posts saying air cooled are no good at low speeds,any advice would be appreciated.Thanks
Old Tue 28 January 2014, 12:33
danilom
Just call me: Danilo #64

Novi Sad
Serbia
Can't say about air cooled as I have not seen it but if they are to used in lower speeds it should have an electric fan independent from the spindle. Then it would be no problem to run in any RPM. Ask around in threads from users that mounted the air cooled spindle.
Old Tue 28 January 2014, 13:37
smreish
Just call me: Sean - #5, 28, 58 and others

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
I use this spindle from Blurry Customs.
http://store.blurrycustoms.com/searchresults.asp?cat=49

Cool and quiet, almost 5 years now.
Old Tue 28 January 2014, 14:25
andrewuk
Just call me: Andrew

leeds
United Kingdom
spindle

Thanks for the replies, that spindle is a bit out of my price bracket Sean
Old Wed 05 February 2014, 08:43
javeria
Just call me: Irfan #33

Bangalore
India
The asian air cooled spindle will work good if you plan to just carve wood and use endmills maybe upto 8mm in diameter, if you are planning to use bigger cutting bits say in the range of 20mm + I would say a 3KW watercooled running 380V AC would be a better bet.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read