MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > General - MM Build
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Fri 11 December 2015, 18:12
Metalsmith
Just call me: Metalsmith

Jacksonville, Fl
United States of America
MechMates in NE or Central Florida, Jacksonville, FL

Did not know where to put this .... Looking for members that have MechMates in N.E. or Central Florida .... is there a list of member's location ?
Old Fri 11 December 2015, 19:58
erimel
Just call me: Eric

Wisconsin
United States of America
Here's a link to the builders log:

http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2575
Old Sat 12 December 2015, 07:18
Metalsmith

Jacksonville, Fl
United States of America
Quote:
Originally Posted by erimel View Post
Here's a link to the builders log:

http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2575
Thanks ....
Old Sun 13 December 2015, 06:32
alan254
Just call me: Al #95

mystic ct
United States of America
HI Erick,

I am in Mystic Ct.

Al
Old Sun 13 December 2015, 18:33
smreish
Just call me: Sean - #5, 28, 58 and others

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
Nils #12, JK2 Holmes Construction #28
#5 - Dead and no longer working
All in the Orlando Area
Old Tue 22 December 2015, 13:40
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
What happened to #5 Sean? I thought they sold that one off still working?
I was sure someone from here was going to snap that one up.
Old Tue 22 December 2015, 13:43
Alan_c
Just call me: Alan (#11)

Cape Town (Western Cape)
South Africa
Send a message via Skype™ to Alan_c
No 5 has been disassembled... No 5 is no longer alive... (if you get this, you give your age away :-) )
Old Tue 22 December 2015, 17:44
smreish

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
#5 is not alive. Dead. rusting heap of metal in some random warehouse in a random part of Orlando waiting to pay the "builder" to assemble it and pay the balance owed.

Bad people still do really exist.

I've moved on it was so long ago now, but I would Love to have that custom 48" z-axis back in my hands.
Old Wed 23 December 2015, 07:57
Metalsmith

Jacksonville, Fl
United States of America
Looking for someone that has a machine capable of stacking sheet of 5 to 6 mm plywood and cutting pieces to make various stitch and glue water craft .... SUP's, Canoes, and kayaks ..... and costs !!
Old Sat 26 December 2015, 05:42
Tom Ayres
Just call me: Tom #117

Bassett (VA)
United States of America
Metalsmith, I'm sure there are some near you that can offer their services but you could build a MM for yourself too, just a thought
Old Sat 26 December 2015, 09:58
Metalsmith

Jacksonville, Fl
United States of America
Tom

I am dyslexic and some things I can't grasp .... I can take most things apart and put them together, and they still work.... I fabricate custom cars and bikes, and build most anything out of steel and wood, but the truth is if some one sent me all the parts, and a plug-n-play list, would not be able to program it or even know if it worked right ..... hard to explain if you don't have this problem .... A friend that was a cad designer, did some aluminum bike frontends for me and sent the files to me before he passed from cancer ... I have 8" junior I-beam to make a table , and I can fabricate all the axis parts but that is a lot of work if you can't power it .... I don't have the money for all the rest that I might not be able to make it work ... Plus I don't have the money for the parts that are made be certain members .... I know that you could download plans at one time, but now only certain members make the parts that you assemble and weld. I am on a extremely limited budget... By the time I hand cut and make one Stand Up Paddle Board, and sell it, cost of living puts me back at square one .... a ordered the wrong material and gave it to me .... I was wanting to cut more than one board, as it is a fit and wait glue process.... you can do 10 in the time you can do 1 ..... I learned in custom car and bike building, you can't do it all .... unles you are on TV ... lol Oh, one sign maker in Jax, has a cnc router ... he will only cut one sheet of 6mm at a time at over $350 a sheet .... so a jig saw and a homemade disc sander are still my best friend ....

Last edited by Metalsmith; Sat 26 December 2015 at 10:02..
Old Sun 27 December 2015, 14:54
Tom Ayres

Bassett (VA)
United States of America
If you are serious about having someone cut material for you, you can find the Builders list on the forum to help you find a MM near you, I know there are several south of you, , and I could be wrong but I think at least one near Jacksonville currently building their MM. Cutting 5-6 at one time is not a realistic request (well depending) as there is no real way of holding these down effectively, but depending on what you require I'm sure it will go much quicker than a jigsaw and disc sander. There are a few MM's that can handle larger than normal 4x8. Darren and myself come to mind but we're not near you. In any case someone is sure to give you a hand one way or another.
Old Sun 27 December 2015, 17:58
Metalsmith

Jacksonville, Fl
United States of America
I have seen it done 5 sheets of 5 mm is less than an inch ... .98425197 they screw it together to a sheet of MDF as the bed and in a couple of places the bit will miss .... this stuff is not very dense .... Nils was recommended .... Thanks all ....
Old Mon 28 December 2015, 02:49
Tom Ayres

Bassett (VA)
United States of America
Well then there's that, if you are willing to drive a screw through them. Nils can definitely take care of you. Best of Luck!
Old Mon 28 December 2015, 07:03
smreish

Orlando, Florida
United States of America
Nils in Orlando does this all the time....and he is awesome!
Old Mon 28 December 2015, 08:18
Metalsmith

Jacksonville, Fl
United States of America
Screw is in the waste wood ..... bit does not hit them and I have seen finish nails used in videos where hollow wood boards are made and those small snap together wood toys made out of thin plywood ....

Thanks Sean .... looked at old messages and you recommended him once before .... will try to get down for a visit and chat with him .... Have a friend in the custom car business that I visit often !

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read