MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Electrical & Electronic > 70. Control Systems
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mon 09 November 2009, 04:33
salewis
Just call me: Stan #67

Littleton, NC
United States of America
Contactor for 115V...

I begin by saying that I'm nervous running 115vac out to the EPO switches that I am planning (one on gantry, one on table, probably one on control box) which is what the TECO CU-16-F6 from factorymation.com wants for the coil voltage..

What are the options (other than two-wire with braid for the 115vac)? Pros and cons?
Old Mon 09 November 2009, 21:01
jhiggins7
Just call me: John #26

Hebron, Ohio
United States of America
I had the same concerns about running 115 volts out to the table unnecessarily. So, I used 12 volts for the E-Stop circuit. works fine and no need to run 115 volts to the table except for the router.
Old Tue 10 November 2009, 04:25
salewis
Just call me: Stan #67

Littleton, NC
United States of America
so then you have a 12V contactor then in the EPO (emergency power off) circuit?

I use EPO terminology rather than E-Stop to help remind myself that this is different than Mach3 E-Stop.

Stan
Old Tue 10 November 2009, 06:33
jhiggins7
Just call me: John #26

Hebron, Ohio
United States of America
Stan,

Yes.

My design is described in this post including a schematic.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read