MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > MechMates already cutting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Wed 02 May 2007, 15:33
Hugo Carradini
Just call me:

Hello fabrica. I will also be very interested in fallowing your progress with the laser.
Old Wed 02 May 2007, 21:47
fabrica
Just call me:

Good Idea Arthur get Geralds permission.
Old Wed 02 May 2007, 21:52
fabrica
Just call me:

Arthur, How is your 4th axis project progressing.
Old Wed 02 May 2007, 22:47
Gerald_D
Just call me:

A laser is just another "toolhead" in my book - here is a thread for that.
Old Thu 03 May 2007, 07:50
Arthur Ransom
Just call me:

I have all the parts to rebuild the gantry and have the laser cut parts welded. It is slow going between business and my wife having heart bypass surgery. Surgery went well and she was home in 5 days. Realy fantastic since she had a 20" cut down the front. After 2 days she went back with a post operative infection and had 2 more surgeries to remove the infected material and replace the removed flesh after the infection was under control. She gets out of intensive care today and will be moved to a ward where she will spend up to a month getting her strength back before she comes home. Fortunitly both of us are Army vets and are covered by the Vererans Administration medical center. Also the VA hospital here in Dallaes is a teaching hospital and has all the latest equiptment. Ironic, I spent 17 years in Special Operations and the only time I got seriously hurt was on a parachute jump in the States and have normal medical problems and she was in Combat Engineers and has a lot of problems. A little know fact is that in Special Ops we have more hurt in training than in combat.
Old Fri 04 May 2007, 05:37
fabrica
Just call me:

Happy to hear that your wife is recovering after a big and complicated surgery. We wish you all the best.
Old Sat 05 May 2007, 09:06
fabrica
Just call me:

With a mechmate can you achieve the same results that are being achieved with a gravograpgh, specilly when it comes to engraving small letters in Stainless steel and bronze surfaces. I have tried this with Onsrud tools bits specially meant for steel surface engraving with not so happy results. The letters do not look as fine and neat as you get with a dedicated engraving machine like Gravograpgh. The roter speed I operated on was 18,000 RPM.
Old Sat 05 May 2007, 09:09
fabrica
Just call me:

The link to the Onsrud tool that I employed to engrave letters on a steel surface is given below.

http://www.onsrud.com/pdf/NewProducts.pdf
Old Sun 15 July 2007, 20:32
Daya
Just call me: Fabrica

Kandy
Sri Lanka
Hi Guys, I am back again. I Hope that I have not missed out on much.
Old Sun 15 July 2007, 22:39
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Welcome back. Not too much happened this side. Is your laser running yet?
Old Mon 16 July 2007, 10:17
Hugo Carradini
Just call me: Hugo

Pto. Ordaz
Venezuela
Hello Fabrica. Nice to hear you are back.
Old Tue 22 January 2008, 10:47
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Fabrica,
Any news on your Mechmate? Laser working yet? More project photos?
Old Wed 23 January 2008, 21:17
Daya
Just call me: Fabrica

Kandy
Sri Lanka
The mechmate is up and running again. I am still to fix the laser. No sooner it is done I will upload the pics.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read