MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Today's Posts

Old Sat 13 July 2013, 14:06
Ensign
Just call me: Taylor

Phoenix
United States of America
Weighing in from Phoenix AZ, starting build ASAP!

Finally I'm pulling the trigger! I have been a lurker for a long time and have toyed with the idea of a mechmate build for years. I have looked at many build options and keep coming back to mechmate as the ideal machine. I have a lot of cutting intentions for this machine but primarily it will be using to cut surfboards as my business has outpaced my ability to meet the demand by hand shaping. Is there anyone in the AZ market with a machine willing to share wisdom/know how and maybe a peek at the machine. I am fortunate to have a business partner/brother that is an engineer and works extensively with CAD/CAM software and CNC machines, so hopefully that will be advantageous. I downloaded and printed the plans several years ago when it was free; I know these plans evolve and change frequently so does anyone see any reason that I would need to drop extra money ($100) for more recent versions of the plans?? Will I be at a disadvantage with the ones I printed several years ago? Looking to really get involved with you all and take what you have to offer and share what I know as well, happy to be part of a new family. Hasta!
Old Sat 13 July 2013, 18:53
Tom Ayres
Just call me: Tom #117

Bassett (VA)
United States of America
Welcome back Taylor, I believe if you have the plans dated '08 you're good but check for corrections (there are a few). I do suggest you look it over carefully, read many posts about those parts and pieces, get a better understanding of how they work together, what others have done, decide what best suits your needs, ask many questions when you are unclear or can not find the answers here on the forum. Enjoy the adventure. Tom
Old Sat 13 July 2013, 19:55
timberlinemd
Just call me: Steve #66

Arizona
United States of America
I'm in Arizona City if you want a look.
Old Mon 16 September 2013, 22:34
Mojo
Just call me: SolarImages

Bisbee, AZ
United States of America
Slowly

Moving slowly along with my build in Bisbee, mostly still just collecting parts as i have to finish building the shop to house it

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Today's Posts