MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Fri 07 February 2014, 00:39
britzsh
Just call me: Shayne

Centurion
South Africa
Greatings from Centurion, SA

Firstly Congrats to Gerald on what looks to be a brilliant design ! And of course to Mike for keeping the forum running and supporting the cause.

This forum is a wealth of knowledge and inspiration. I am a long time lurker here, and already downloaded the plans several years back (about 2008/9)
Most of the Gantry and Y-car steel is already on-hand.

With the current economic situation, times are getting tough and I would like to fast track my "retirement" occupation options which would include building myself a MM to keep myself busy (and possibly generate some additional revenue). I have been in Telecommunication electronics repair for 28 odd years so I feel quite comfortable with the electronics part of the build. Technically the steelwork is a bit more challenging, but I believe also within my capabilities.

Shopping around at the moment for motors and drivers I came across the following offer http://www.aliexpress.com/item/4Axis...617867775.html

Physically quite large but the package seems cheaper than individual purchases with the current exchange rate. Can always upgrade to the more favoured units at a later stage ? Direct-drive or geared to 7.2:1 ?

Mostly MDF sheet-cutting and some carving with an indexer definitely in the mix later on once I have mastered the software - I do not have any CNC experience but general PC abilities are reasonable (SW and HW)
Any advise and opinions would be appreciated.

Shayne
Old Fri 07 February 2014, 06:32
darren salyer
Just call me: Darren #101

Wentzville mo
United States of America
Welcome, Shayne.
Sounds like you have a pretty good map lined out.
Old Fri 07 February 2014, 08:13
isladelobos
Just call me: Ros

Canary Islands
Spain
Send a message via MSN to isladelobos Send a message via Yahoo to isladelobos
Good motors, this motors have 5.2mh (34HS5802)

√5.2 X 32 = 73VDC
73VDC x 120% = 88VDC

¿The power supplye are included?, these PS are very noise (RF), i have one here.

Nice return.
Old Fri 14 February 2014, 11:25
madeika23
Just call me: madeika23

Wroclaw
Poland
Sounds like you have a great start. Best of luck!

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read