MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > MechMates already cutting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 21 November 2017, 16:02
Kornerking
Just call me: Pete #127

Big Falls, Mn
United States of America
Almost 2 years and FINALLY a breakdown.

Almost 2 years since I completed my build. I survived a transfer to a new shop with no issues. Runs probably 30 hours a week. Awesome machine. Until this morning.

I went to run a program. Worked fine until it hit the G8 code to turn on the router then the machine stopped cold. Tried it again. Same issue. Unplug the router , no problem. Except I need the router running to cut. I thought maybe it was a defective router, plugged it into a cord and it runs just fine. Now what.

Went through a bunch of connections trying to isolate the culprit. Turns out the on off switch was weak and as soon as the router came on it threw the circuit. Ordered up the parts (17.00 including shipping) and they will be here next week. Meanwhile I ran an extension cord to the router so I can manually start it. I worked it all afternoon this way. Almost forgot to switch it on one time.

Bottom line this is what I love about my Mechmate. Because we built it we can diagnose it. No need for outside assistance.

By the way. Just checked and I see I'm not on the builders log as #127. Sheez.

Last edited by Kornerking; Tue 21 November 2017 at 16:07..
Old Tue 21 November 2017, 18:38
jhiggins7
Just call me: John #26

Hebron, Ohio
United States of America
Your entry #127 is in the Builder's Log. It was added in January 2017 as noted here and Updated here a couple of days later.
Old Tue 21 November 2017, 18:43
Kornerking

Big Falls, Mn
United States of America
Sorry, I must have gone to an old posting.
Still a work horse.

Edit: I had checked the thread called update build log. Doesn't show there. Not a big deal.

Time to build another.

Last edited by Kornerking; Tue 21 November 2017 at 18:46..
Old Wed 22 November 2017, 04:24
jhiggins7

Hebron, Ohio
United States of America
Pete,

When I check the Link at Updated Builder's Log within MechMates Already Cutting, I see the entry for #127 as well as the entry for last serial number awarded, #128.

If you're not seeing it, perhaps many people are not seeing it and I need to get it fixed. Take a look, again, and let us know the outcome. I appreciate your bringing this to my attention.
Old Wed 22 November 2017, 04:39
lonestaral
Just call me: Al #114

Isarn
Thailand
Send a message via Skype™ to lonestaral
I see #127 and #128.

"Because we built it we can diagnose it. No need for outside assistance."
Very well said.

Last edited by lonestaral; Wed 22 November 2017 at 04:41.. Reason: Quote added.
Old Wed 22 November 2017, 06:02
Kornerking

Big Falls, Mn
United States of America
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiggins7 View Post
Pete,

When I check the Link at Updated Builder's Log within MechMates Already Cutting, I see the entry for #127 as well as the entry for last serial number awarded, #128.

If you're not seeing it, perhaps many people are not seeing it and I need to get it fixed. Take a look, again, and let us know the outcome. I appreciate your bringing this to my attention.
It shows up on my desktop, not on the moble.
Old Thu 23 November 2017, 06:14
jhiggins7

Hebron, Ohio
United States of America
Al, thanks for checking.

Pete, I'm glad you were able to see the entry on your Desktop, but I have no idea why you couldn't see it on your Mobile. Just now, I was able to see it on my Android Phone mobile. As you suggested earlier, it may be a "browsing history" problem.
Old Fri 24 November 2017, 10:06
pblackburn
Just call me: Pete #98

South-Central Pennsylvania
United States of America
Clear your cache on your browser app and Google Drive app and it may fix the problem

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read