MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > MechMates already cutting
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 10 October 2017, 00:23
Optize49
Just call me: Jimmy

Berlin
Germany
Send a message via Skype™ to Optize49
CNC Control Software and Home Switch

CNC is at the heart of the maker community. By using simple tools like CNC mills, laser cutters or routers, we could create anything from stencils to laser-cut jewelry. But did you know that there’s a 3 step process to CNC? Not only do you need to create a vector with CAD, we also need CAM software and CNC control software to bring the project to life. It can be difficult trying to navigate the choppy waters of CNC software.

Question:

1. So do you able to explain what types of software are involved in CNC—from CAD to CAM to CNC control software?

2. If the mounting holes align with the spacing in the aluminum rails and that laser able to cutting plastic ABS, can we use this home switch brackets for the laser machines?

Kind Regards.
Old Tue 10 October 2017, 04:15
lonestaral
Just call me: Al #114

Isarn
Thailand
Send a message via Skype™ to lonestaral
There are many types of software available.

Some common ones include,
(CAD)
Autocad
Draftsight
Sketchup

(3D Modeling)
Artcam
Aspire
Z Brush

(Image to Dxf)
Vector magic

(CNC Control)

Mach 3
Mach 4
Linux

These are some that I know of but
there are a lot more.
Some are free, some are expensive.
Good luck.`
Old Tue 10 October 2017, 04:22
Optize49
Just call me: Jimmy

Berlin
Germany
Send a message via Skype™ to Optize49
Hello Lonestaral, Thanks for your responding and advice me for CNC control machine software.
Could you please able to suggest me, using home switch brackets if that laser able to cutting plastic ABS?

Thanks again for helping me.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read