MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Archives
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old Sat 18 July 2009, 05:34
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Oops, I am not happy with that!

I logged out, but I could still see your pictures. That means that 20 search engines will visit those pictures every day, and they can be linked to outside sites. Which means we pay for hosting them while other people view them. Will have to look for a way to tidy that up, or remove it altogether . . . .
Old Sat 18 July 2009, 05:44
isladelobos
Just call me: Ros

Canary Islands
Spain
Send a message via MSN to isladelobos Send a message via Yahoo to isladelobos
We see in the cp (user control pannel) this:

add.png

You can remove the link.
Old Sat 18 July 2009, 05:54
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
I would be happy with albums if:

1. They are only visible to registered, logged in, members

2. There is a way of copying all of the pics already on the forum into albums of the people who posted them.
Old Sat 18 July 2009, 09:04
bradm
Just call me: Brad #10

Somerville(MA)
United States of America
Gerald, I'm happy to help figure out how to make those dumps happen. It appears that vbulletin has a built in database dump, or you can use phpmyadmin if your hosting provide allows it. Then, the remaining challenge is copying the resulting file (and ideally the other files for attached images and documents) back to the machine of your choice. You probably have some facility to do this. Just send me a message if you're interested.
Old Sat 18 July 2009, 09:35
J.R. Hatcher
Just call me: J.R. #4

Wilmington, North Carolina
United States of America
Send a message via Skype™ to J.R. Hatcher
Gerald and Irfan, why are you two picking on my videos ..... just because they are a little under HD quality, then to use the word boring. not only but also I will try to do better on the next one. I'll think about hiring a director, but then I'll have to charge admission. Oh well.
Old Sat 18 July 2009, 10:04
sailfl
Just call me: Nils #12

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Gerald,

I will look into the "New Post" button thing.

I agree about the photos - only for registered logged people can see.
Old Sat 18 July 2009, 10:22
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
I have disabled those albums for now. Have looked up albums on the vB forums and they seem to be quite problematic.
Old Sat 18 July 2009, 17:08
sailfl

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Gerald,

As you know it is some time difficult to search on these forums. Espically when you know the right terminalogy. I did a serch on New Post and it was a mess.

I also registered and then I found this:

"If you have this question, then please note that to be able to post in the support forums you first need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here: "

To use their support forum you have to be a registered user of the software, which I am not.

I would suggest you contact your contact or post a question on the support forum.

I gave it a try.
Old Sun 19 July 2009, 00:19
Tester
Just call me:

Second Navbar At Bottom Of Thread
Old Sun 19 July 2009, 00:28
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Doesn't work in version 3.8
Old Sun 19 July 2009, 07:51
jhiggins7
Just call me: John #26

Hebron, Ohio
United States of America
Forum Time-stamp

Gerald,

I'm noticing that the "time-stamp" on Forum entries, such as when I last logged on, is not my local time. I thought I remembered from the previous version of the software, that the time entries were my local time. Did I remember this wrong?
Old Sun 19 July 2009, 08:21
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
I always recall seeing local times everywhere. Anyone else seeing strange times?
Old Sun 19 July 2009, 08:36
jhiggins7

Hebron, Ohio
United States of America
Gerald,

Looks like it's 2 hours behind. It's currently 10:35 AM here, but the time-stamp will be 8:35. My computer time is set properly.
Old Sun 19 July 2009, 08:39
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
John, is that also the time stamp you see on the posts?
Old Sun 19 July 2009, 08:49
jhiggins7

Hebron, Ohio
United States of America
Yes, your post is time stamped 8:39 and my current time is 10:48.
Old Sun 19 July 2009, 09:24
jhiggins7

Hebron, Ohio
United States of America
Gerald,

I'm currently in the Eastern time zone. So 1 hour of the difference may be because my Profile is set in the Central time zone. An additional hour difference could be because of Day-light savings time. We set our clocks one hour forward in the spring. I don't know how VBulletin sets time, but if it's from the Profile address and if VBulletin doesn't recognize Day-light Savings Time, all the difference would be explained.

I'm going be away from the computer for several hours. See you later.
Old Sun 19 July 2009, 09:36
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
John, I changed your settings. See http://www.mechmate.com/forums/profi...do=editoptions Hope it is right now?
Old Sun 19 July 2009, 16:03
jhiggins7

Hebron, Ohio
United States of America
Gerald, I see it. Thank You. Looks good.
Old Sun 19 July 2009, 23:39
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailfl View Post
. . . . . .
What is the tag box used for?
. . . . . . . . .
I wish you could add the "New Posts" button at the bottom of the thread so I could go directly to the next new post.
. . . . . . . .
Tags have been disabled

The navbar has been copied to the bottom of the thread (replaces the tag box). That has the New Posts, etc.
Old Mon 20 July 2009, 01:31
sailfl

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Gerald,

Okay. I like the NavBar at the bottom. Now direct moving from one new post to another. Thank you very much!!!! I feel like a Captain of an upside down right driving airplane!

I would like to see quick reply tossed but that is me. You can add Quotes added to the toss. Both of those would free up lots of space.

Last edited by sailfl; Mon 20 July 2009 at 01:34..
Old Mon 20 July 2009, 01:41
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
I don't get your issue with quick reply?

There is a box permanently under each thread, which is the reply box I use the most.

And there is a button, bottom right of each post, which just takes you to the aforementioned box.
Old Mon 20 July 2009, 02:02
sailfl

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Gerald,

I guess it is me - my weiredness.

I have a post "replay button" directly below the last thread. This is the button I always use when I replay.

Then there is the new NavBar and then there is the Quick Reply Box and then the <<Previous and Next buttons>>.

I realize now that with the new NavBar, the quick reply box can stay. I never use the quick reply box.

Too much time on my hands.........

Thanks for the new changes, it is nice to have input in the forum.
Old Mon 20 July 2009, 02:13
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
And I have never used the Previous & Next links - havn't scrolled that far before.
Old Mon 20 July 2009, 02:16
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
When I type a reply, I like to have the last post visible, and that's why I generally avoid the big Post Reply button bottom left.
Old Mon 20 July 2009, 03:26
sailfl

Winter Park, FL
United States of America
Gerald,

You are making forum writing much easier. You gave me my New Posts and now I am starting to use Quick Reply. It is good to try new things.

You make it too easy for users to do quotes. You could stop it easily by removing the option in quick reply.
Closed Thread

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read