MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Miscellaneous hardware and software > Miscellaneous / General / Whatever / Catchall
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Thu 29 April 2010, 20:14
PEU
Just call me: Pablo

Buenos Aires
Argentina
Blast from the past - Wood Magazine #1

Im not sure if this issue is still under copyright after 26 years, if it is, please delete this post.

Here is the download link: http://rapidshare.com/files/35564284...1984_09_10.pdf

Its funny to see old ads
Old Fri 30 April 2010, 12:04
Jan de Ruyter
Just call me: Jan

Pretoria
South Africa
The first MechMate?

Was this the first MechMate?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg First MechMate.jpg (25.4 KB, 296 views)
Old Fri 30 April 2010, 12:18
PEU
Just call me: Pablo

Buenos Aires
Argentina
probably this one, if you read the description it can perfectly describe a MM, obviously not the size

Old Fri 30 April 2010, 12:54
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
Surely that was more than 26 years ago? Nice find!
Old Tue 04 May 2010, 15:05
Travish
Just call me: Travis #75

Wa
United States of America
Wow that's a good one! Pricey one back then. Good find!
Old Tue 04 May 2010, 21:14
Hillbillie
Just call me: Larry

Paragould, AR
United States of America
Here is a picture of the way old factories were setup to run off of a main shaft driven off a steam power.

steampunklathe.jpg
Old Wed 05 May 2010, 20:16
xraydude
Just call me: Ted #131

New Orleans, LA
United States of America
My granduncle had one of the Mill-Routes (or similar). Funny enough, when I showed my father the MechMate plans, he told me then that it reminded him of that Mill-Route...

Not really an ad, but here is a shot of our old family sawmill. My great-grandfather built it originally, early last century. Uses parts off of a Model A or T, can't remember which. Can handle about a four foot diameter blade and now runs off the PTO of our old Farmall tractor. My grandfather and father recovered it from the old place in the early 70's and rebuilt it on our place. Some of my best memories are of watching my grandfather lace up all of the belts on that thing with leather strips. It is a beast! Roll the logs up onto the carriage, dog it down, square it off and then rip your lumber. My job used to be stacking the lumber to air dry. Great memories... Angle iron for the rails to boot!

sawmill2.jpg
Old Wed 05 May 2010, 23:06
hennie
Just call me: Hennie #23

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Ted did it have oil leaks since it was made from Ford parts ?
Old Thu 06 May 2010, 09:13
xraydude
Just call me: Ted #131

New Orleans, LA
United States of America
No oil leaks, but talk about loud! Also unforgiving, you do NOT want to get distracted if you are operating the feed lever as you are about two feet away from the spinning blade of death! Flying belts, cables, pulleys... so many ways to lose a finger, arm or other appendage. One of my other jobs was greasing everything because I was small enough to climb all up in it. Perfect place for a kid like me to be. I'll never know how I survived my childhood.
Old Thu 06 May 2010, 12:36
kooskoek
Just call me: Dave

Centurion
South Africa
The only thing she's missing is a few steppers, gheckos and MACH 3

Last edited by kooskoek; Thu 06 May 2010 at 12:52..

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read