MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > The Market Place
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 22 March 2011, 18:31
Jimmystractor
Just call me: Jim

Lake Placid FL
United States of America
3M VHB Tape

I have a bunch. PM me if you need some.
Old Tue 22 March 2011, 23:03
Leko
Just call me: Leko

Kaukapakapa
New Zealand
Holy sh*t!

There's gotta be a good story here! be right over!
Old Wed 23 March 2011, 04:06
JamesJ
Just call me: Jim #104 (retired)

Kansas
United States of America
PM'ed you.
Old Wed 23 March 2011, 04:10
Kobus_Joubert
Just call me: Kobus #6

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
1 x Truck
1 x Dark night
?? x 3M tape ??

Does not look good.
Old Wed 23 March 2011, 05:53
Jimmystractor

Lake Placid FL
United States of America
Leko, That's what she said.... No, Really. When I pulled up after telling her I was going to get tape. She also said "You mean hundred, Right?"
Old Wed 23 March 2011, 07:38
Jimmystractor

Lake Placid FL
United States of America
I have 4941 4929 4956 4950 5952 all in 36yd rolls. I'm thinking somewhere in the ballpark of 1/2 quantity retail pricing. I have over 100 each of 4941 in 2.125in x 36yd, .6in x 36yd and 1in x 10yd.
Old Wed 23 March 2011, 09:04
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
For us not knowing types can you tell us what each number is? So did you buy out all of the stock or what ???
Old Wed 23 March 2011, 16:36
Jimmystractor

Lake Placid FL
United States of America
Oh, sorry. From what I gathered in my web searching, I was going to use 4941 on my table to rack connection and on some of the painted metal items I plan to make. That is what I was in search of and what I purchased. I was open to getting a few cases if the price were right. When I found close to 100 cases for a price that was much better than right, I went all out and grabbed it all thinking that when all is said and done I'll have at least 20 cases of free VHB.

The PDF files on the 3M page have all the data on the different types of tapes and what they are suited for. I made my choice of 4941 based on that info. I have a few different types and since I'm no expert, I would prefer if you looked over the 3M info for yourselves and decide which is best for you. For myself it was 4941- but I'm also the guy who is taking a chance on a hong kong ebay seller for the drives and steppers for my plasma table.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...apes/VHB-Tape/

I'm open to trades too.

Pricing: I'm open to suggestions I tried searching VHB on the forums but it drops the VHB because it is too wide a search. I have much more than I can use in the next couple years, so I will be selling about 600lbs of the 800lbs or so that I got. I have about 150 rolls of 4941 1in x 10yd which should be enough for most tables. I also have rolls as large as 2.125in x 36yd(42 cases of that!)Make me a reasonable offer- metal head, is it OK to talk prices openly- I have always seen it done as PMs and assumed that was for a reason. If no one objects, that would make things pretty open and easy. I'd like to sell at a fair and average price and then take 10% off. Any input would be appreciated.

There are a few sizes and types that I have very little of, but the other 95% will be a good deal-
Old Thu 24 March 2011, 06:47
Jimmystractor

Lake Placid FL
United States of America
I've decided to get rid of the tape quick so I can have the $ to get my table done right as soon as possible. I think I've got it as the lowest on eBay now. If anyone wants some here, you can take 10% off of the eBay price.
Old Thu 24 March 2011, 08:13
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
What is your Ebay link?
Old Thu 24 March 2011, 08:28
Jimmystractor

Lake Placid FL
United States of America
jimmystractor is the name. Here is a link to my VHB items.
http://business.shop.ebay.com/Adhesi...=p3286.c0.m282
You can purchase through eBay or you can take 10% off the total shipped eBay price and buy directly from me with a paypal personal payment(no fees), check or MO. If you choose to buy it directly from me, the 15% I save on eBay and paypal fees will go to you(10% off) and the forum(5% donation).
Old Thu 24 March 2011, 16:26
Jimmystractor

Lake Placid FL
United States of America
I didn't see any date codes that were before 2007. I know the tape was being used in manufacturing items just 2 months ago and it has been stored in an optimum environment.

I was told by the seller that if kept in the 70-80 range it will last many years past the suggested use period.
Old Fri 25 March 2011, 04:34
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
So how did the story go with honey to get all that into the bed room !!!
Old Fri 25 March 2011, 05:38
Jimmystractor

Lake Placid FL
United States of America
I told her I'd have it sold in a month. I've had it on eBay 32 hours and I've sold 5.3% by weight, so I'm on track. That and putting a new TV on the wall- Which I wanted anyway.
Old Wed 30 March 2011, 23:04
Spadman
Just call me: Dean

Melbourne
Australia
Aus?

Do you ship overseas? To Australia?
Old Thu 31 March 2011, 07:38
Jimmystractor

Lake Placid FL
United States of America
I'm sorry, but I won't be shipping out of the 48 states in the US. Even with the fees, it would be easier to just sell through eBay. If anyone does buy some on eBay, be sure to include in the notes that you are from the mechmate forums.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read