MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 19 January 2010, 09:11
stueve22
Just call me: Travis

Missouri
United States of America
Planning to build in the next 3 months or so. - Missouri, USA

I have been reading the forum for weeks now and have a question. I read the whole motor selection thread twice, but have a question about bending or breaking the rules. I already have a 3 axis controller and motors that i setup for converting a seig x2 direct drive with ball screws. The motors are 425 oz inch from Keling with a 3/8 shaft, NEMA 23 but 100mm long. http://www.kelinginc.net/KL23H286-20-08B.pdf If i go with a 4:1 trans and make 23 to 34 adapter plates would i be able to get by at some level of performance for a while before spending more money on a bigger drives motors etc... The drives i have are http://www.kelinginc.net/KL-4030.pdf with a 24v power supply that came as a kit with the motors and power supply a few years ago. Could I possibly get a higher voltage power supply with the same drives? specs say up to 50v.
Old Wed 20 January 2010, 05:22
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
I believe the 23 Motors are to small for the MM. You should just seel the 23 motors and buy some 34 motors.
Old Wed 20 January 2010, 12:48
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Welcome Travis, you should be looking at Nema 34 size motors for the MM.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read