MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Fri 11 June 2010, 09:22
daniel1557
Just call me: Dany

Gujarat
India
Smile A Compact new MechMate,India

Hi All,

My names daniel. I am from Ahmedabad,Gujarat, India. I am an interior designer by education. We manufacture furnitures. As a hobby I also do paintings in church's. Decorations and sculptures renovation in churches. I have been working on a plan to make a 4'x4' work area Mechmate.

This is the most amazing site forum. Here the word from the bible come true. "Seek and Ye Shall Find""Knock and the door shall be opened" Mechmate is not just a site but a family.

Enjoy. Mechmate style.

Thank you.

Daniel
Old Fri 11 June 2010, 09:25
KenC
Just call me: Ken

Klang
Malaysia
Dany, welcome to the family.
Old Fri 11 June 2010, 09:31
daniel1557

Gujarat
India
Thanks Ken
Old Sat 12 June 2010, 10:39
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Welcome!
Old Sat 12 June 2010, 23:59
daniel1557

Gujarat
India
Had been in the market since past few weeks looking around for material for mechmate. Found a few like rack available in 32" long 12, 14, 8, 6 (rate for 12 was Rs300) found pinion (Rs 100 for 1) also but didn't like the quality compared to ones i've seen in the forum. I have been in ahmedabad since childhood. But these were the first times that i have been to a industrial area. Don't know much about electronic or mechanics trying to learn all from forum.
There have been times when i go looking and i come across terms which are difficult to understand. I come back look up in forum and go back and clarify the dealers questions.
Looking for some one to make the V bearings. I don't have any metal working tools so mostly will be getting things make outside. Never done metal work before, but as they say there is always a first time.
I have been planning to make the Y and Z axis first.
Haven't been able to find the stepper motor, drivers, contollers etc.
Have gone around asking in the city but all of them don't seem to understand what a stepper motor is?
Don't have a big budget. Trying to begin first. Later on adding as we go along.
Geralds design is perfect. Going with the same. Tried simplifying it to the things available here but as i got more deeper in the designing realized the existing design is the most practical and economical. initially it might seem a lot but on a long term basis its very stable. Thats how i feel.
Thank you.

Will update my progress.
Old Sun 13 June 2010, 00:43
daniel1557

Gujarat
India
Some of my recent works.
chair101.jpg

10'statue renovation.jpg

sketch of bishop.jpg

bed.jpg

chairs H.jpg
Old Sun 13 June 2010, 01:28
Kobus_Joubert
Just call me: Kobus #6

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
Very nice. Well done and that without a MechMate ?
Old Sun 13 June 2010, 07:45
daniel1557

Gujarat
India
yes, with jig saw, cutter drill n hand tools
Old Sun 13 June 2010, 09:30
liaoh75
Just call me: David

Taibao
Taiwan
Welcome Dany! Your creations with the most basic of tools is impressive!
Old Sun 13 June 2010, 09:48
daniel1557

Gujarat
India
Thanks David, Want to do better with the mechmate.
Old Sun 13 June 2010, 13:26
vishnu
Just call me: vishnu

Coimbatore(TN)
India
Welcome to Mechmate Zone. Whats the size of the machine that you are planning to build. It would be fun building one. All the best.
Old Mon 14 June 2010, 08:18
daniel1557

Gujarat
India
I plan to build for a cut area of 4'x4' which later on i wish to increase to a full board size of 8'x4'. I will be adding photos soon of my plan and design. But at present i'm reading and learning and searching for materials in ahmedabad. I've seen your and irfan's built. They have been my inspiration that its possible in india.

As i go through the forum each day i see amazing builds by all each one perfect.
Old Mon 14 June 2010, 12:18
Kobus_Joubert
Just call me: Kobus #6

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
Stick to the supplied plans as far as possible...this could save you a lot of headache .
Old Mon 14 June 2010, 21:44
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Welcome to the team !!! Great work !!!
Old Tue 15 June 2010, 01:54
daniel1557

Gujarat
India
Thats true Kobus i'm sticking to the plan completely.
Thanks Mike.
Old Tue 15 June 2010, 03:03
aniljangra
Just call me: Anil #44

Delhi
India
Send a message via Skype™ to aniljangra
Welcome to the family, I have been busy with other work and was not able to follow MM. Now back and looking forward to another fine MM build, good luck.
Old Tue 15 June 2010, 08:07
javeria
Just call me: Irfan #33

Bangalore
India
HI Dany - welcome - need any help let us know - we already have 4 known mechmaters here in India!
Old Tue 15 June 2010, 09:54
daniel1557

Gujarat
India
Hi Anil just saw your build amazing. Irfan thats good new it give a good boost to my confidence. 4 thats great. I won't be able to build a full MM initially but in due time with more funds will complete it. I read the part in which u say it cost close to 4L. Have been spending a lot of time looking around for material available in ahmedabad.
I will surely need all the help, support and guidance.

Thank you.
Old Wed 23 June 2010, 11:42
daniel1557

Gujarat
India
Thumbs up Mechmate working

Hi All,
Here i was able to learn the sketchup physics plugin. Alas put it to good use and modify the mechmate sketchup file to make it move. Its amazing. To make it work you'll need to download sketchup physics plugin. Its Free.

Thank you. Enjoy.

Mechmate Physics.zip
Old Thu 24 June 2010, 21:35
javeria

Bangalore
India
Dany, could you PM me your email id, i want to make a bed for myself with your design above, if you have a hand drawn art work or just pictures taken in a better angle I could use it.
Old Sat 26 June 2010, 08:47
daniel1557

Gujarat
India
A close up of the bed back. The front of the bed is exactly the same design. If u need the drawing i'll prepare and post it in a day or two. It could be of use to all.
bed back.jpg
Old Mon 28 June 2010, 09:02
daniel1557

Gujarat
India
Post Bed design in sketchup

Hi, The following file has the bed design which is in the ahead posts. its a sketchup file. You'll need google sketchup to view it or edit it.

Thank u.
Bed 101.zip
Old Thu 01 July 2010, 05:40
javeria

Bangalore
India
How does the MDF stand- do you think it will break when say a kid will try to pull it down???
Old Thu 01 July 2010, 07:07
daniel1557

Gujarat
India
Mdf is screwed to the side posts which are of wood the thickness is of 1.5". Its really stiff and heavy.
Old Sun 25 July 2010, 09:44
roopam
Just call me: devang

mumbai
India
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel1557 View Post
Hi All,

My names daniel. I am from Ahmedabad,Gujarat, India. I am an interior designer by education. We manufacture furnitures. As a hobby I also do paintings in church's. Decorations and sculptures renovation in churches. I have been working on a plan to make a 4'x4' work area Mechmate.

This is the most amazing site forum. Here the word from the bible come true. "Seek and Ye Shall Find""Knock and the door shall be opened" Mechmate is not just a site but a family.

Enjoy. Mechmate style.

Thank you.

Daniel
HI,

my name is roopam as iam interior designer from education from mumbai i am in the modular furniture industry in mumbai .Iam also been working on plan to make 4x4 work area mechmate
Old Thu 29 July 2010, 11:18
daniel1557

Gujarat
India
Hi roopam,

Great thats an amazing idea. mechmate is the right place to start. amazing place to learn and grow. i also have done my interior design in mumbai. Rachna Sansad, near prabhadevi. keep in touch.
Old Fri 30 July 2010, 09:52
hennie
Just call me: Hennie #23

Roodepoort JHB
South Africa
Dany you don`t need a Mechmate,good work
Old Mon 02 August 2010, 09:59
daniel1557

Gujarat
India
Thanks hennie for the complement. The above works take a lot of time when done manually. And now a days people want everything quick, and they don't appreciate the hard work and quality of work and time that goes into doing it.
Old Sun 10 October 2010, 00:10
daniel1557

Gujarat
India
Hi guys,

After a very long time. I have been looking out for stuffs in the market and atlast i have found few things. http://www.3xmotion.com/english/defa...tor_Driver.asp
I found a dealer who has these drivers.
He also has sanyo-denki motor. 86mm sq. 2 Phase and 5 Phase.
He has sent me details of copley control.
http://www.copleycontrols.com/Motion...pNet_Panel.pdf
http://www.copleycontrols.com/Motion...Net_Module.pdf

He also sent data of Nova motion control board MC8043P

Will any of these be useful in machmate?

I Have tried to talk to many if i could get gecko, Pmdx board. Haven't been successful.

8" C section and 3" C section are available in 20' length.
Have been looking for some one to do the laser cutting parts in town.

Need help to decide. Please help.

Thank you.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read