MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Miscellaneous hardware and software > Miscellaneous / General / Whatever / Catchall
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Tue 03 May 2016, 06:50
gixi
Just call me: Marius (AVO) #32

Bucharest
Romania
Send a message via Yahoo to gixi
New application for CNC

Hello guys ! You have to consider even these applications of an CNC machine :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=422T2VNI5OI
Old Wed 04 May 2016, 20:52
servant74
Just call me: Jack

Nashville (Tennessee)
United States of America
Cute
Old Thu 12 May 2016, 04:42
acs
Just call me: Andrei

Campina
Romania
Nice!
Old Wed 04 January 2017, 15:51
normand blais
Just call me: Normand

montreal
Canada
A different 2d vertical cnc in the making.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-machi?lang=fr
Old Fri 06 January 2017, 02:08
sphericos
Just call me: David

Suffolk
United Kingdom
It is difficult to see how a vertical CNC machine would be reliable without a way of holding down the material being cut. Even if you used a very small cutter the final cut is going to cut into the board as it drops down. Also whilst sheet material should be flat it often has a slight bow, without the force of gravity to hold it flat cuts that are not full depth are going to be a bit unreliable. They might get kick starter funding but I cannot see it being a commercial success.
Old Fri 06 January 2017, 10:17
bradm
Just call me: Brad #10

Somerville(MA)
United States of America
True, David. My take is that if you're willing to only ever take through cuts that are carefully planned to end away from gravity, this is fine. Not suitable for 3d work, etc.

However, as a replacement for laying out and jigsawing a few dozen sheets of ply, it looks like a step up. The real world precision is likely to be awful for a number of reasons, but compared to a jigsaw? There are plenty of jobs for which quick and dirty is attractive.
Old Sat 07 January 2017, 04:27
sphericos
Just call me: David

Suffolk
United Kingdom
You have a point but I think that the average jigsaw user is going to struggle to grasp the CAD to CAM to Machine, particularly if they are going to have to plan where the cut ends.

I think if someone needed a tool to cut complex shapes on the job they would be better with one of these https://shapertools.com/ I have not seen one in real life but the accuracy seem similar and it is far more portable.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read