MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Construction started, but not cutting yet
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Thu 21 January 2010, 17:45
gmcclure
Just call me: Graeme

Geelong
Australia
Hello from Geelong

Hi Besser,

How is it going. If you havent obtained ER collets yet, I get them shipped in from Hong Long, great supplier and cheap quality product.

Statrt on 2 MMs yesterday, construction taking place in Mates fctory in Bayswater.

regards

Graeme
Old Thu 25 November 2010, 18:59
Besser
Just call me: Besser

Vic
Australia
Been to long between drinks! well had my head down in the business. Well started again on the MM. My Two head aches:
1: Deviating from design (there is a reason)
2: Working with thicker frame material (it weighs so much)

Well the intention is to have the MM multi purpose and I have organised a custom 100mm deep waterbath for the table. This will facilitate the plasma cutter but also necessitates a solid frame. I now have to move the table around with the forklift! grrr

As the working area is 12'x6' (please dont call it 3600x1800 to many MDF experts have already tried that one out on me) with the gantry bridging the 12', every thing is BIG.

I'm looking forward to getting this finished!
Old Mon 29 November 2010, 17:09
giz
Just call me: Tyler

Salt Lake City, UT
United States of America
wow! I'd love to see some photos of that beast
Old Thu 10 February 2011, 00:27
gmcclure
Just call me: Graeme

Geelong
Australia
How is the project going?

Quick heelo to see how you are getting on with the MM

Graeme

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read