MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Common Assemblies & Parts > Rails & Rollers
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Fri 30 August 2013, 05:13
Surfcnc
Just call me: Ross #74

Queensland
Australia
Bosch GWS 7-125 Professional Grinder Skate Modification

Hi all

For years now I have been meaning to post these drawings (every time I read that a grinder does not fit the skate).
I did this as I only ever use 125mm grinders and wanted to get some more use out of it after grinding the rails.

These are an altered set of drawings that fits the larger Bosch GWS 7-125 Professional 125mm grinder.
The hole positions where the grinder bolts to the plate will require no alteration.
The throat has also been widened to fit the larger 125mm disk.

It would be advisable to print out the drawings and check fitment.

Grinding Skate 125 MM Bosh Grinder GWS 7-125 Professional.zip

Regards
Ross
Old Fri 30 August 2013, 08:01
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Thanks for this and I guess it is a good time to take a look at these drawings in general for the skate to see what we need to do to get the next roundof parts upated to make sure the skate requires less mods t.o work with the newer grinders.

Maybe if folks can send pics with deminsions of a few brands of newer (less than 3 yea old) ginders would be a good place to start.

I have a Porter Cable I will take a look at this weekend.
Old Fri 06 September 2013, 08:21
silverdog
Just call me: Sergio #70

Rome
Italy
Those new 125mm grinders help a lot on cutting the rails, avoiding the contact of the skate on the uncutted 60mm L profile .... Althougt I used to cut the rails the 125mm disks on my old 115 bosch grinder with success and no problems. But grindig the V-shape need some modifications as Ross pointed out.
Old Fri 06 September 2013, 10:42
Mrayhursh
Just call me: Hurshy

Riverview, Florida
United States of America
1st Order for Skate

Metalhead
Put me down for a skate that fits porter cable grinder

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read