MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > The Market Place
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Fri 16 October 2009, 13:57
igus
Just call me: igus (North America)

Rhode Island
United States of America
New enclosed cable carrier keeps debris out

igus, a manufacturer of cable-carrier systems for automated machinery, has now developed an energy tube especially for the machine-tool industry that is almost 100 percent chip-proof. The airtight, fully enclosed cable carrier ensures all debris simply falls off.

igus is using the FABTECH show in November to launch the new-style “RX” energy tube, which has a specially designed, smooth domed exterior onto which debris—such as metal or wood chips—can not attach itself. Connecting parts are concealed on the interior to facilitate this. Comprehensive tests—including underwater experiments—have been carried out in igus’ test laboratories which confirm the new energy tube is 100 percent airtight.

Despite this, the RX energy tube can be easily opened using a screwdriver to unscrew bolts integrated into the outer radius of each link. There is also a very large interior space for cables and hoses, which can be separated using vertical separators, and a horizontal shelf to safely route cables and hoses and thereby prevent abrasion. Both these features mean maintenance and machine downtimes are reduced to a minimum.

The new energy tube is well suited to short, self-supporting lengths inside tooling machines. The chip-proof cable carrier was also developed to be used in reverse bending radius (RBR) applications. The RX energy tube is available in a high-temperature version, made from the special, high-temperature material "igumid HT". This version ensures that even red-hot chips up to 1,562 degrees Fahrenheit fall off the tube rather than melt onto it. The enclosed cable carriers can also be delivered as pre-assembled ReadyChains; ready harnessed with cables, hoses, and internal separators, as required by the customer.

Enclosed plastic energy tubes from igus have been used prominently for around twenty years in many different industries. Dust, dirt, oil, moisture, heat and cold have no affect whatsoever on these sturdy cable carriers. Please call 1-800-521-2747 or e-mail sales@igus.com for more information.
Old Sat 17 October 2009, 04:20
Besser
Just call me: Besser

Vic
Australia
How much? Mechmate is all about a balance of performance against cost and if a machine is being built for 5-10K there is not much room for premium feel good components.
Old Sat 17 October 2009, 04:32
Gerald D
Just call me: Gerald (retired)

Cape Town
South Africa
I am also rather surprised that Igus would want to promote that premium product on this DIY website??
Old Sat 17 October 2009, 06:10
Kobus_Joubert
Just call me: Kobus #6

Riversdale Western Cape
South Africa
Send a message via Yahoo to Kobus_Joubert Send a message via Skype™ to Kobus_Joubert
They can see this is QUALITY.
Old Sat 17 October 2009, 07:24
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Can I double the price now?
Old Sat 17 October 2009, 16:20
Appimate
Just call me: Ed

NSW
Australia
Market Impact

Hello Gerald

Yep, still lurking!!

Maybe Igus also see that Mechmate is a serious machine and is impressed with the size of the group building / owning one ( or more ), on the same vein maybe the " hobby " market is a fair slice of the small energy chain selling pool.

If they want to sell to us though they should make it easier to actually buy some.

BTW, have you got that proud dad smile still on your face or have the wedding bills started coming in?? 8-)) - it was a pleasure to see, thanks for sharing it with us.

Ed
Old Sun 18 October 2009, 14:06
Besser

Vic
Australia
I think if a promoter lists on this forum they should offer follow up commentary and posts. I hope this isn't a fishing trip for IGUS with a single post and leave mentality.
Old Sun 18 October 2009, 21:08
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
The big corporate marketing method is exactly as per the above. Write "press releases" or "advertorials" and get them published as widely as possible. Most websites, journals and print media are grateful for the free content to swell their volume.

Difference here at this forum is that we are a bit more fussy on what we like to read.
Old Mon 19 October 2009, 06:37
igus

Rhode Island
United States of America
Hi there. Discovered this forum recently and understood it was for do-it-yourselfers to manufacturers of specialty machinery. Very strongly resembles CNCZone.com, which has a similar forum area where vendors can submit press releases. How would you prefer/advise we use this area (if at all)?

Last edited by igus; Mon 19 October 2009 at 06:39..
Old Mon 19 October 2009, 09:32
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Cable chain ("E-chain") - sizes and sources tells of our requirement for building our MechMates. In that thread you can see Igus mentioned fairly often. Feel free to advise on a technical level there.

This market place thread is the right one for unsolicited offers, and you can put what you want in one thread per vendor. But we don't promise to keep quiet about what we see here.
Old Tue 20 October 2009, 07:15
igus

Rhode Island
United States of America
That's fair enough - we wouldn't want you to keep quiet. We love feedback!

As for the RX40, although it's available immediately ex-stock, you're right, it is a premium product and is priced around 30% above our standard Energy Tubes / fully enclosed cable carriers. More info. on these can be found here and here.
Old Wed 21 October 2009, 18:21
Besser

Vic
Australia
igus, My feedback is your currently wasting my time! the machine covered in this forum is a robust CNC router that is designed on components that are budget priced. Your RX40 is so off the mark it seems you have no idea about this forum. The standard "open" chain is suited on specification for sure but (if you read the forum) the general pricing for it is extremely high. I would suggest you do take an interest in this forum, see it as a real client and look to capture business (try a price that's to good to refuse).

I had to laugh when I recently got IGUS pricing, I already had an alternative offer for a very similar design and both meet the MechMate specifications (thats all it has to do), turns out IGUS pricing was 100% more then the alternative. I told the representative and they told me my order was to small to get a discount on.

So if you want to post here, take interest, do your math on quantity per unit and units made and project a annual volume, work out a best offer price and list it here. (That's how I use to win business in the industrial fasteners market) Alternatively you can keep posting links and c*** about product that isnt relavent. (If I read this response to one of my sales peoples efforts I'd either say "move on" or "win that market".)

Edited for strong language
Old Wed 21 October 2009, 20:57
Gerald D

Cape Town
South Africa
Besser, tone down your language plse.
Old Wed 21 October 2009, 23:14
Besser

Vic
Australia
ok G, I nice now!
Old Thu 22 October 2009, 06:17
dcozort
Just call me: Dennis

Paducah Ky
United States of America
chain

he's not wasting my time I like to stay informed about whatever is out there keep up the good work.. just reminds me why I am at this site.. I can say give me a break or splurge and maybe use something a little higher in quality if I want to.. please keep posting.. That is what that area is for.. Thanks for your time.... Dennis.
Old Thu 22 October 2009, 06:44
igus

Rhode Island
United States of America
Besser, I'm sorry you had an unsatisfactory experience with our distributor in Australia. We always aim to be competitively priced and people can buy direct from us worldwide with NO minimum order quantity. If you'd like to contact me by direct message, maybe we could discuss your experiences further. I'd like to try and help.

Thank you, Dennis, for your feedback. I'll definitely think twice before posting new product information in future, however - especially if anything could be considered a "premium" product.

There were a couple reasons for posting on this forum in the first place:

1. A prospect told us we are very highly recommended on this site due to our customer service and product quality. This is how he came across us. He said the site consisted of everything from DIYers to manufacturers of specialty machinery. He said that it would be a good lead source for us to explore and suggested posting in the vendor area of this site.

2. This area states it is a forum "where any vendor of CNC products even remotely associated with MechMate router/plasma/laser machines may unashamedly promote their products". Consider this unashamed promotion
Old Thu 22 October 2009, 09:13
javeria
Just call me: Irfan #33

Bangalore
India
Probably you can offer us some surplus chains and some lightly damaged but usable ones - those can go quickly here,

not that we are cheapos - but we are more concentrated to get a good machine in a fixed budget.

please keep on posting.

RGDS
Irfan
Old Sun 25 October 2009, 17:00
Besser

Vic
Australia
Thanks for the reply, I did take the time to privately respond and hope you take my recommendations to the benefit of all MM members.

Your prospect...."very highly recommended"....maybe I have missed these posts. I will look for them.

Look forward to your future posts, with pricing that beats "CPS cable chain" or maybe a great offer on 4 core cable.

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read