MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sat 13 February 2010, 13:02
Kurt Rose
Just call me: Kurt

Cape May NJ
United States of America
Hi guys.

I been looking at shopbots for awhile now and saving my pennies and then came across this site. I can say that I'm very intrigued by the idea of building my own table and have been kicking it around a lot. I'm in the states (Southern NJ) and am going to start an addition on my detached garage that is a fully equipped wood shop to make room for a 4x8 table as soon as this darn snow stops falling. I have fairly good welding skills as well as a MIG welder so the table itself shouldn't be a big problem. I'm no electronic engineer by a long shot but I think I could muddle through with the help of this fantastic site. Being in the planning stages I am currently looking into the laser cut parts. I was told by a member here from Canada that there is someone on the board that sell a kit. From Alabama I think. I want to get a budget set and was wanting to know the price of the kit and what it includes. Can someone here point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance and I'm sure you'll be hearing from me soon and often!
Old Sat 13 February 2010, 13:25
lumberjack_jeff
Just call me: Jeff #31

Montesano, WA
United States of America
http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1124

You're looking for Joe, he sells a good kit.

Welcome aboard. If I can do it, anyone can.
Old Sat 13 February 2010, 14:53
MetalHead
Just call me: Mike

Columbiana AL
United States of America
Jeff

Thanks for the link - I took over the kits from Joe - I sent Kurt a PM .

Welcome to the group. Looking forward to your build !!!
Old Sat 13 February 2010, 15:14
Kurt Rose
Just call me: Kurt

Cape May NJ
United States of America
Thanks Jeff and Metal. The planning is in full swing and I will be contacting Metal soon with an order! This place is great!
Old Sat 13 February 2010, 15:41
blakekoehn
Just call me: Blake #47

Macon, MS
United States of America
Good choice going with a Mechmate instead of a Shopbot. I just sold a Shopbot and built a MM. It took me three weeks to complete and around $5500.00. That does not include a spindle. I already had a spindle. Here is a link to my build history. http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2451

Oh btw. Welcome!!!

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read