MechMate CNC Router Forum

Go Back   MechMate CNC Router Forum > Personal Build Histories > Introduce yourself and start planning
Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Thu 05 November 2009, 20:02
Mitch_1
Just call me: Mitch

Sussex
Canada
Send a message via Skype™ to Mitch_1
Anybody from Canada selling pre made parts, and what should I expect to spend?

Hey Everybody

I want to build one of these machines, but don't have access to laser cutting, is anyone in Canada selling pre-made parts?
Also I am wondering what sort of budget I should be looking at for getting the structure of the machine built I know steel is probably cheaper in some areas than others but just looking for a number.

Thanks Guys
Old Thu 05 November 2009, 20:32
Robert M
Just call me: Robert

Lac-Brome, Qc
Canada
Send a message via Yahoo to Robert M Send a message via Skype™ to Robert M
Hi Mitch,
Welcome aboard
Is this Sussex, NB, Sussex county near Ottawa or another one I’m forgetting ?!
There or else, surely there is Laser cutting place nearby worth you to find out about.

Otherwise, Heath ( domino 11) will chime in and be glad to assist you with his contacts as this Canadian group buy may need to be awaken

As for my parts, I got them locally through two laser place to keep price as low as I could. Fortunate for me, there is +/- 6-8 of those places with in 100km around !

So, In my opinion, it would be worth to search in your local area or even in your province as It could be beneficial !
Good luck, Amicalement, Robert
Old Thu 05 November 2009, 21:21
domino11
Just call me: Heath

Cornwall, Ontario
Canada
Mitch,
I sent you a pm with the details.
Old Fri 06 November 2009, 08:43
Mitch_1
Just call me: Mitch

Sussex
Canada
Send a message via Skype™ to Mitch_1
Hey Robert and Heath

Thanks for the info, yes Robert I am from Sussex, NB, I have been looking around but haven't turned up much, I believe there is a water jet cutting shop in Moncton but will that suffice for quality, it should?, shouldn't it?

Heath got your PM will reply.

Also I am going hunting for some steel channel and tubing this weekend, there are some junk yards around that I plan on visiting, any thoughts on getting scrap.
Old Fri 06 November 2009, 10:07
alchemy
Just call me: tony

Drogheda
Ireland
Good hunting Mitch

Hi Mitch

Good luck with the build. I'm still at the "research stage" but hope to get moving once i finish my roofless barn in order to house the beast. I'm from Ireland, but my brother Seamus lives near St Davids with his Canadian wife. I think this is near you.

All the best
Tony

Register Options Profile Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read