MechMate CNC Router Forum

MechMate CNC Router Forum (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/index.php)
-   Motors & their mountings (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Makita Router Bracket (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2478)

hennie Tue 19 January 2010 04:24

Makita Router Bracket

5 Attachment(s)
I thought about replacing the Ryobi on my MM as it did what I wanted it to do and the bearings don`t sound that nice anymore.I had a Makita that was lying around so intead of servicing the Ryobi I thought I woud use the Makita.The first pic is of the Makita on its way where I could not use the guarantee anymore.Attachment 8205
I used aluminium to cut the base of the new bracket and this as before I took the Ryobi of.
Attachment 8206

Attachment 8207

Attachment 8208
There is just enough space for the Makita to move up and down without hitting anything
Attachment 8209

sailfl Tue 19 January 2010 16:39

Hennie,

I think the Makita is a better choice for a router.

hennie Tue 19 January 2010 20:53

Nils, the ryobi did some good service, but o so noisy and the back up service for spares are not that good.I would probably service it and use it for something else.

Lex Tue 19 January 2010 22:30

I am getting close to sorting my Makita brkt out as well. I was going to do it the way that the original MM brkt was made.
I like your idea. I don't think you will get any vibration from that set up.
Are you still going to use the plunge action? To work with the dust foot?

Gerald D Tue 19 January 2010 22:38

Remember to divert the router's exhaust air away from the cutting action if you want a lot cleaner workshop (and lungs).

hennie Tue 19 January 2010 23:04

Johan I will post later what I have done with the plunge action,no I am not going to use the plunge action anymore.I had to shorten the shafts that goes inside the router to let it go down as far as possable.I still needs to put split pins on the base that goes through the safts as they are predrilled for the base of the original router base but thats later.Gerald I am using a lid of an 2 lt icecream bucket looks tacky but it works perfectly and is easy to remove.

Jan de Ruyter Tue 19 January 2010 23:48

Ryobi Service Agents: 0118055540, they are in 16th Avenue, Midrand. Used them before, service was good but the product is really meant for small scale handyman who cannot afford expensive tools.

hennie Wed 20 January 2010 00:38

Thanks Jan, compare the price of a Makita and a ryobi industrial machine and get a surprise,Ryobi is not that cheap anymore.

sailfl Wed 20 January 2010 03:50

The Makita is a better machine. I bet if you check the shaft runout on the Ryobi over that of the Makita there will be a big difference. The Makita will have less runout. Also the Makita will be quieter.

KenC Wed 20 January 2010 04:43

Ya, Makita is my all time favorite router, its robust, accurate & reliable.