MechMate CNC Router Forum

MechMate CNC Router Forum (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/index.php)
-   MechMates already cutting (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Made Jali pulpit for a mosque #33 - Bangalore, India (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573)

javeria Wed 16 January 2008 10:10

Made Jali pulpit for a mosque #33 - Bangalore, India

2 Attachment(s)
Starting Afresh, (previous table)

I present you the laser cut parts of the MAMBA. Cost INR15300 for two sets, One for Manjeet and one for ME.

Thats 15300/39.5=388 USD, ie., for one set 194 USD, the price went up due to the extra parts, Bending yet to be done.

Progress:

1. G203V's purchased
2. 640 OZ 3 motors and 430OZ one motor purchased from keling.
3. Controller box will start soon as Ialready have a BOB from candcnc.com or maybe a self built one with help of driller.
4. PS to be done yet.
5. Most metal in the form of C channels available.
6. Have to purchase the 8 inch wide C-channels yet

Gerald I saw 6 inch C channels 10ft long think I can use them?

Let me know your thoughts

Gerald D Wed 16 January 2008 10:56

Hi Irfan, suggest you be patient and get something higher than 6".

javeria Wed 16 January 2008 11:31

OK G'

I am gonna buy some new 8" channels.

RGDS
Irfan

Gerald D Wed 16 January 2008 11:51

If there is a big price difference, you can put 50 x 50 square tube on top of the 6" channels.

javeria Wed 16 January 2008 18:22

Good Idea G'

but what about the thickness of the tube? i doubt if I can tap (thread them) it to get the rails on. I think the max thk pipes are 3.2mm (what I can get)

or we can have a thru bolt, right from the rail thru the free hole in the pipe and in the tapped hole in the C -channel. Let me know your thoughts. The C channels i can get for 3/4 th of the price (by weight) and no transport cost involved.

Cheers.
irfan

gmessler Wed 16 January 2008 19:10

Hi Irfan,

What about using your "cut off" from your rails. Like the gantry.

Greg M

javeria Wed 16 January 2008 19:44

I really don't know how we can use the cut off from the rails. I would still prefer the pipe idea what G gave as the pipes usually come out straight and are easier to handle, let me go and look at the C channels first! and I think the thru bolt idea is good.

and I still have the left overs from the older project to be utilised.

Regards
Irfan

Gerald D Wed 16 January 2008 21:06

Irfan, Greg used too few words......:)

When some some guys cut the rails down to 28mm they are left with a long flat bar as scrap. They use this bar as part number 10 20 235 D. He suggested that you clamp the x-rails in the same way as the clamping of the y-rails to the tubes of the gantry.

javeria Wed 16 January 2008 22:08

LOL, now I understand!

A long metal flat drilled and tapped to let mount the rail and use the flat as sort of a Nut. A very good idea indeed. Probably I need to study the plans more and more in detail. My loss!

Good ideas!\\

G' then I will arrange for the pipes to be welded and then use this idea, think this is a far better than tapping the heavy C lamp sitting down (too lazy to get the support table made for the C clamp processing :) )

Meanwhile did I ever mention to you guys about my other router, its almost 70% done! Take a look!

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...530#post394530

G' I hope this link is ok here, else you can remove this :)

RGDS
Irfan

Gerald D Wed 16 January 2008 23:07

Irfan, I look forward to the day when you have both machines completed and you can give us comparitive results on:
-accuracy
-cut quality
-speed
-cost to build
-cost to maintain (dust resistance)
-etc.

javeria Thu 17 January 2008 00:08

Yes G',

It will all be there, I started off that machine in November bcos I got some very good deal on ballscrews (approx INR3000) for X and Y ball screw thats 3000/40=75 usd + another 150USD to service and end machine them. and then I already had the servos and the controller. So could not have let the investment go waste and went on built it.

I am totally worried about dust and how I appreciate the Mechmate.....cause of which the dream of building a Mechmate is going to be a reality soon.

I am hoping to get good speed considering the 625Watts motors it will have on each of its axis.

The X axis is a rolled ball screw and Y and Z precision ground. Have spent around 2500USD on it till now.

Hope both give me good work output soon.

Regards
Irfan

javeria Wed 06 February 2008 06:37

HI All,

I am travelling to the states the next weekend and guys help me prepare a shopping list for the Mechmate.

I have on my list
1. V Bearings from superior bearings
2. Cnc4pc breakout board.

anything else?

RGDS
Irfan.

javeria Thu 07 February 2008 06:51

No replys

So i will take it that there is nothing left for me to get in the US.

RGDS
Irfan

Doug_Ford Thu 07 February 2008 10:49

We're not ignoring you. In my case, I don't know what you have access to in India. Do you need a router or will you be using a spindle?

sailfl Thu 07 February 2008 11:03

Javeria

You can buy every thing you need for your machine here(USA) but we don't know what you already have. List what you need and may be we can recommend how to obtain those items.

domino11 Thu 07 February 2008 14:36

Racks from Standard Steel might be cheaper in the US?

javeria Thu 07 February 2008 20:21

I was intending to get parts : smaller and expensive ones probably.

I have the following already as I stated in my first post.
1. G203V's purchased
2. 640 OZ 3 motors and 430OZ one motor purchased from keling.

Now I am planning for the new BOB as my other BOB is taken up by the smaller router.

Also cutting bits from woodworkerswholesale.com, the DIN mounted rotary switch (ensto) though I have a moeller switch with me in an enclosure (for the smaller machine).

I think I should get together a list for what I need to get myself... after all I know what I already have and what I don't :)

BTW any Mechmates in the Bayarea? SanFrancisco? SanJose?

Dont worry about me posting weird words/ on my posts ...

Heath I already have the racks - I have to get teh steel tubes and C channels for the gantry and base table respectively.

I will be in the US for upto May and so intend to make most of it getting hard to get stuff in India. (until now only the Ensto rotary switch and the Gecko's)

Thanks all!

RGDS
Irfan

javeria Fri 25 July 2008 03:11

The kitchen project begun

4 Attachment(s)
Hi All,

due to power cuts in our city i decided to pick up the geckos and the enclosure and start building the control box, so here is all the update I have right now!

only in pictures ......... from my crappy mobile camera.

Dont expect me to move on very fast, my other machine is very near to start production, once the other machine is working (earning) :) I will start working on Mechmate.

RGDS
Irfan

javeria Fri 25 July 2008 03:13

Most important for me is the size the power supply to the keling motors I have!

right now will go thru the power supply thread and then discuss my choice.

Gerald D Fri 25 July 2008 04:50

Welcome back Irfan! How about some pictures of your other machine? :)

javeria Fri 25 July 2008 06:57

Can I post those here G' ,

well here it is for those interested in my other machine, once I complete building a mechmate, I will present a detailed comparison between these two

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...=46998&page=10

Kindly dont post about my my other machine on this thread, if interested to post then kindly post on the cnc zone thread.

RGDS
IRfan

javeria Fri 25 July 2008 11:55

Power supply calculations

2 Attachment(s)
Just did the power supply requirement calculations for the motors I am using, also find the datasheets of the motors attached.

let me know if i need to change anything.

also I will be adding 9V / and 18V secondaries 2 amps each for accessories.

Gerald D Fri 25 July 2008 12:03

Irfan, these days the more popular way of calculating voltage for the square motors is:

32 times the square root of the milliHenry inductance

how does that compare? (The motor specs are not in your zip file?)

With 5 stepper motors driving a CNC system, very few motors will be drawing peak current at any time. The general rule is to design the power supply to supply only two thirds of the total motor requirement.

The AC amps should be 1.4 times higher than the DC amps because the VA (Watts) for the AC and DC must be the same?

javeria Fri 25 July 2008 13:23

1 Attachment(s)
here are th data sheets, thanks gerald for your inputs

will do the calculations and post once again

javeria Sat 26 July 2008 23:51

new calculations

2 Attachment(s)
this is what I have based on the new calculations

I have decided to have two 3 secondary windings and based of my learning on the machine I am building I will have a 24 V circuit for E stop pause and limits.

RGDS
Irfan

Gerald D Sun 27 July 2008 00:50

Irfan, why do you need 5 motors, and when do you think they will be drawing peak current together?

javeria Sun 27 July 2008 10:26

G' I just want the PS to be ready for a indexer motor, probably soon I will move on to a better rittal enclosure,

I have multiplied the final ampereage by .75 to get the final value.

if you click on the current value on the excel you will get multiplication as Ax1.41x0.75

Correct me if I am wrong here!

RGDS
Irfan

javeria Thu 02 October 2008 00:42

G' for the 10 10 306 lower cross brace, I have 4 inch channel from the old project, I planning to use them as a substitute - it would make the setup heavy, but I am just using what I have - is this OK?

RGDS
IRfan

Gerald D Thu 02 October 2008 02:22

In the static table, you can use any old scrap, as long as it is heavier/stronger than what I showed. That 4" channel will be fine.

javeria Mon 13 October 2008 21:34

Electrical parts arrived.

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Folks,

The electrical parts arrived for mine and Vishnu's machine.
price for 2 mc was around 300USD , this excluded the BOB, wiring, transformer and geckos.

RGDS
Irfan