MechMate CNC Router Forum

MechMate CNC Router Forum (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Market Place (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   TRI-R Power Products supplies Oriental Motor worldwide from Canada (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2022)

domino11 Wed 08 October 2008 09:16

TRI-R Power Products - Oriental Motor rep in CANADA

I have just received my order from these guys in Canada. Cheaper than ordering from Oriental Direct and they do all the duty and other hassles. Highly recommend them. :)

Mark E. Kingsley
General Manager

TRI-R Power Products
1054 Centre Street Unit 189
Thornhill, Ont. L4J 6W2
Canada

Phone: (905) 370-0290
Fax: (905) 370-0291
Email mark@tri-r.ca

Visit our web site* www.tri-r.ca

TRI-R Power Products Mon 10 August 2009 15:54

TRI-R Power Products supplies Oriental Motor worldwide from Canada

We are an authorized distributor of Oriental Motor for Canada.
We would be pleased to supply the PK296A2A-SG7.2 motor that you require for your CNC machine.
Please phone or email for a quote, the US $ has been up and down so we calculate based on the the current exchange rate.
Our prices are fair, and we have shipped as far away as Australia.
We accept VISA, Mastercard or AMEX.
Keep in mind the shipping cost can be high, each motor weighs 6 1/2 lbs.
We will work out the best price for shipping and include it in the quote.

TRI-R Power Products
1054 Centre St. Unit 154
Thornhill, Ontario L4J 6W2
Canada
Phone: (905) 370-0290
Fax: (905) 370-0291
Email: mark@tri-r.ca

domino11 Mon 10 August 2009 21:49

Hi Mark,
Glad to see you are still around.
These guys are great to deal with. :)

skippy Tue 11 August 2009 05:14

Hi Mark

Had a good talk with you today when finalising my order today.:D

loubozzelli Thu 11 November 2010 11:59

I must say dealing with mark was a pleasure, mark hand delivered the motors right to me that was awesome!!! Motors work great!!!!

Thanks again mark!!

Cnc plasma
Lou

hutchcj Thu 23 June 2011 23:10

Caution in dealing with tri-r

CAUTION!!!

Nearly a month ago I ordered 4 Oriental Motors from Mark at Tri-R in Canada. I was told by Mark that the motors are in stock and will take 7-10 days delivery to Australia. This has been nearly a month now and Mark is not responding to any emails that I have sent him in the last week (3 in total).

He was very quick to respond to initial emails of quotes and where to send the money (always less that 24 hours).

For everyone else out there, deal with Mark at Tri-R at your own risk!!

MetalHead Fri 24 June 2011 04:57

I will see if I can call him today since I am closer to him and the phone bill wont be as much. I run into backorders at times and some orders take a few days to get out. I will see if I can assist. Heath is this dealer in your neck of the woods?

The last item I shipped to AU did take a few weeks even though I shipped it immediately. May be a customs issue. But someone should at least let you know what is going on.

cleyte Fri 24 June 2011 06:12

Postal Strike

FYI, the postal service in Canada is at a standstill as Canada Post is on strike. There is back to work legislation currently being discussed in parliament. Whether a deal is reached or workers are forced back, expect a week or so before things are moving again.

Clayton

MetalHead Fri 24 June 2011 06:33

You should see info from Mark shortly. He has been away from the office the last few days and like was just said the Postal Service in Canada in on strike.

TRI-R Power Products Fri 24 June 2011 09:04

I'm sorry for the delay in reply to Colin, I have been away on a short vacation, with no access to email. I have the motors in stock and they are ready to ship.
Our Postal service has been locked out, they started with rotating strikes (our city got hit just as soon as the motors came in), but now there is no service, (pulling my hair out). They are being legislated back to work but one party is trying to filibuster, been at it for 14 hours as I write. If it passes they should be back to work by mid next week, I hope!
Again I'm sorry for the delays.
Mark Kingsley

domino11 Fri 24 June 2011 11:15

Glad to see Mark Responding. Have had nothing but good luck with him. He is actually about 4 hours away from me. So almost local in this large world. :)

AuS MaDDoG Fri 24 June 2011 17:55

Hi,

Skippy and I bought our 10 x stepper motors here too. Great service and good speedy delivery too and might I add we had ours delivered to our door and was still cheaper than what we could have bought them for from the Australian supplier and with a quicker delivery time too. It's a shame when someone bags a company for one let's say not as normal supply/service

hutchcj Sat 25 June 2011 01:38

The reason I posted here is because there had been no contact from Mark for over a week and the motors were well overdue. In my business, if I'm going to be away for a week and not have email, then I set up an auto responce letting people know that I will be out of the office. At least that way people know what is going on.

Mark told me that the motors were going to be shipped at the start of the month. If there was any sort of delay (ie postal strike), then I should have been notified immediately. I should not have to wait nearly a month, then try sending 4 emails only to be ignored.

I have no problem what so ever if there is a delay that is caused by something out of Marks control. What I have a problem with is not being kept in the loop and then being ignored when I try to ask for answers. To me that is just bad business practice and if Mark picks up his game as a result of all this then people buying from him in the future may be better off.

Kobus_Joubert Sat 25 June 2011 03:50

Colin I agree. I ordered some Violin parts the other day. Even with daily contact with the supplier I got worried when the stuff did not arrive after more than a month.
I am spoiled with most of my other suppliers from overseas...3 -6 day's max delivered to my doorstep.
The supplier eventually refunded me the total amount...incl postage....and what happened..2 day's later it arrived. As a gentlemen I then told him that I got it and wanteed to pay him. Because I did this he gave me the stuff without postage.
One quickly worry about stuff not arriving when you buy it on the internet.
That is why I try and limit my buying to eBay and PayPal.....they quickly sort out your problems.

MetalHead Sat 25 June 2011 05:35

I updated Colins post with a note so folks would know what the issue was.

Gerald D Sat 25 June 2011 05:44

It doesn't look like the issue was the postal strike...the issue appears to be Mark's lack of keeping his customer informed about the postal strike.

hutchcj Sat 25 June 2011 07:15

Thanks Gerald. That is exactly the issue. Like I said before. I would have no issue if there had been some sort of communication. The fact stands that Mark has apparently had the motors sitting in his office for weeks but has neglected to inform me of this. I have been left hanging not knowing what is going on. It seems to me the only reason I got a response to this issue is because of some of the guys on this forum got in touch with Mark.

Also I would appreciated my posts not being editied without my consent. As far as I am concerned the issue will not be resolved until I have the motors in my hands. All I have at this stage is Marks word that my motors are sitting there.

MetalHead Sat 25 June 2011 15:22

I took the edit out. That is fine with me. I think the reason given for the delay in the response justifies the delay. I understand that when we order things from across the world it can be a concern if communications are lost during the deal. But I also know we are all human and we do the best we can to ensure the folks we recomend on this forum will go out of their way to make sure you get the products you order. So I hope Mark's explanation of the issue is accepted and you will soon have your order in hand.

AuS MaDDoG Sun 26 June 2011 02:30

I hear what you are saying, however I do not think public forms are the place to knock a business over one incident. But then that's JMO. I do hope you get your order soon.

Cheers
Tony.

KenC Sun 26 June 2011 02:49

Business is business, disregard of how isolated the incident maybe.
Lets look at the big picture, what Colin just did kept all E-shops (not just Mark) on the toe, this "informal" regulatory force will keep E-business on its ever growing strength.
Well done Colin!

John Saunders Sun 26 June 2011 09:51

As a further update, Canada Post has been legislated back to work last night after a 48 hour long debate and mail should be moving again as early as Monday. As a small businessman, this strike has been disruptive to me as well. Hearing," The cheque is in the mail" just isn't funny anymore. I received my Oriental Motor steppers from Mark last summer and found his service to be friendly and responsive, the motors well packaged and reasonably priced. I can empathize with Mark in how difficult it can be to take a short vacation and step back from my customers needs for a brief period.

Gerald D Sun 26 June 2011 10:06

It is easy to set up an auto-responder when you take a break.

Spadman Sun 03 July 2011 23:00

Great Service

Hi All,

Just though I'd add my 2 cents (pennies?) worth.

I bought my steppers from Mark a few months ago, the service was excellent, the steppers arrived well packed and very fast. Communications to/from Mark were great.

I think the issues discussed above are the exception to the rule.

Dean.

alan254 Tue 07 February 2012 05:18

Ordered motors 7.2 from Mark on feb 3 and recieved on the 6th.

that was good service I thought.

al drouin