MechMate CNC Router Forum

MechMate CNC Router Forum (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/index.php)
-   Introduce yourself and start planning (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Bonjour to all from France (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5172)

Francisr6 Tue 19 January 2016 08:44

Bonjour to all from France

I discovered Mechmate this morning and I found this fantastic as this machine is exactly what I am looking for. And having so many people involved in it in this forum gives great pleasure and for sure is of great help. I created a small company in the high-End audio field and we need to machine mdf used to build our speakers boxes. So far we buy this as a service from another company with the inconvenient that we do not have the needed freedom to test and adjust what is needed to be creative. I guess that building Mechmate is time consuming, so I will take it as a long term project with a lot of fun and probably some issues here and there. mdf itself is delivered 1.2 X 2.4 meter so the best would be to machine those foils without to previously having to cut them.

Now I know how to use the blues time I have every night...

smreish Tue 19 January 2016 12:21

Francis,
The MDF size requirements you have are similar to the 48" x 96" size here in the states. If you have the space, I would suggest you consider 60" x 120" (5' x 10') as specialty MDF is available in this size too.

Good luck.
Sean

Francisr6 Tue 19 January 2016 16:10

Thanks à lot for this suggestion Sean il Will check the weight of such big sheets as we use mainly 22 and 30 mm thick mdf so big sheets could may be be too heavy to be moved by an old chap like me.

smreish Thu 21 January 2016 11:39

Understood with the weight of the sheets. Cheers!

Francisr6 Thu 21 January 2016 14:53

MDF sheets storage.

Before to decide about the mechmate size i have to think about the room usage. One point is the new mdf sheets storage. Do you know if someone did modify the mechmate structure building in order to store the mdf, plywood etc. sheets in the lower part of the techmate?

Thanks for your help.

smreish Thu 21 January 2016 20:12

F,
Many machines have the under carriage modified for sheet good storage. I typically had 8-12 sheets store under
mine each week.

Francisr6 Fri 22 January 2016 00:10

Thanks a lot Sean this is great, in that case it will be a 60 X 120 '' as you suggested.
Did you post pictures of your table modified for this storage purpose?

smreish Fri 22 January 2016 09:36

I will look in the Threads. I don't have access to my machine anymore to take a photo, but will present links inside the forum when I find them.

http://mechmate.com/forums/showthrea...&postcount=264

Francisr6 Sat 23 January 2016 02:47

Thanks a lot this is it...
Now i begin to study the plans...

darren salyer Sun 24 January 2016 16:07

Mine is 60"x144" with under table storage. I'm sure there are pics in my build thread.

Francisr6 Mon 25 January 2016 02:46

Thanks for this Daren, what a very nice Mechmate you have ! You did fantastic job !
probably the next question has already been answered many times on the forum and I am sorry for this. Do you have an idea of the number of hours spent to build yours?

smreish Tue 26 January 2016 11:56

all of my builds took about 3 months.

2 weeks for the controller and electrics
2 weeks for the table build
1 week paint and assembly
4 weeks waiting on the next shipment of parts that I forgot to order the first time.
2 weeks test and adjust to make work perfectly.

If you have everything in a shop and ready to go...about 4 weeks

Francisr6 Tue 26 January 2016 14:16

Thanks a lot Sean, you mean 8 hours a day ?

smreish Fri 29 January 2016 13:12

not 8hrs a day....more like 3 or so....
If you are trying to do as quick as possible, which I did once...I managed to weld, wire and build the entire table in about 14 days straight.