MechMate CNC Router Forum

MechMate CNC Router Forum (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/index.php)
-   Introduce yourself and start planning (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   A Compact new MechMate,India (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2845)

daniel1557 Fri 11 June 2010 09:22

A Compact new MechMate,India

Hi All,

My names daniel. I am from Ahmedabad,Gujarat, India. I am an interior designer by education. We manufacture furnitures. As a hobby I also do paintings in church's. Decorations and sculptures renovation in churches. I have been working on a plan to make a 4'x4' work area Mechmate.

This is the most amazing site forum. Here the word from the bible come true. "Seek and Ye Shall Find""Knock and the door shall be opened" Mechmate is not just a site but a family.:)

Enjoy. Mechmate style.

Thank you.

Daniel

KenC Fri 11 June 2010 09:25

Dany, welcome to the family.

daniel1557 Fri 11 June 2010 09:31

Thanks Ken

domino11 Sat 12 June 2010 10:39

Welcome!

daniel1557 Sat 12 June 2010 23:59

Had been in the market since past few weeks looking around for material for mechmate. Found a few like rack available in 32" long 12, 14, 8, 6 (rate for 12 was Rs300) found pinion (Rs 100 for 1) also but didn't like the quality compared to ones i've seen in the forum. I have been in ahmedabad since childhood. But these were the first times that i have been to a industrial area. Don't know much about electronic or mechanics trying to learn all from forum.:(
There have been times when i go looking and i come across terms which are difficult to understand. I come back look up in forum and go back and clarify the dealers questions.
Looking for some one to make the V bearings. I don't have any metal working tools so mostly will be getting things make outside. Never done metal work before, but as they say there is always a first time.
I have been planning to make the Y and Z axis first.
Haven't been able to find the stepper motor, drivers, contollers etc.
Have gone around asking in the city but all of them don't seem to understand what a stepper motor is?
Don't have a big budget. Trying to begin first. Later on adding as we go along.
Geralds design is perfect. Going with the same. Tried simplifying it to the things available here but as i got more deeper in the designing realized the existing design is the most practical and economical. initially it might seem a lot but on a long term basis its very stable. Thats how i feel.
Thank you.

Will update my progress.

daniel1557 Sun 13 June 2010 00:43

5 Attachment(s)
Some of my recent works.
Attachment 9817

Attachment 9818

Attachment 9819

Attachment 9820

Attachment 9821

Kobus_Joubert Sun 13 June 2010 01:28

Very nice. Well done and that without a MechMate ?

daniel1557 Sun 13 June 2010 07:45

yes, with jig saw, cutter drill n hand tools

liaoh75 Sun 13 June 2010 09:30

Welcome Dany! Your creations with the most basic of tools is impressive!

daniel1557 Sun 13 June 2010 09:48

Thanks David, Want to do better with the mechmate.

vishnu Sun 13 June 2010 13:26

Welcome to Mechmate Zone. Whats the size of the machine that you are planning to build. It would be fun building one. All the best.

daniel1557 Mon 14 June 2010 08:18

I plan to build for a cut area of 4'x4' which later on i wish to increase to a full board size of 8'x4'. I will be adding photos soon of my plan and design. But at present i'm reading and learning and searching for materials in ahmedabad. I've seen your and irfan's built. They have been my inspiration that its possible in india.

As i go through the forum each day i see amazing builds by all each one perfect.

Kobus_Joubert Mon 14 June 2010 12:18

Stick to the supplied plans as far as possible...this could save you a lot of headache .

MetalHead Mon 14 June 2010 21:44

Welcome to the team !!! Great work !!!

daniel1557 Tue 15 June 2010 01:54

Thats true Kobus i'm sticking to the plan completely.
Thanks Mike.

aniljangra Tue 15 June 2010 03:03

Welcome to the family, I have been busy with other work and was not able to follow MM. Now back and looking forward to another fine MM build, good luck.

javeria Tue 15 June 2010 08:07

HI Dany - welcome - need any help let us know - we already have 4 known mechmaters here in India!

daniel1557 Tue 15 June 2010 09:54

Hi Anil just saw your build amazing. Irfan thats good new it give a good boost to my confidence.:cool: 4 thats great. I won't be able to build a full MM initially but in due time with more funds will complete it. I read the part in which u say it cost close to 4L. Have been spending a lot of time looking around for material available in ahmedabad.
I will surely need all the help, support and guidance.

Thank you.

daniel1557 Wed 23 June 2010 11:42

Mechmate working

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All,
Here i was able to learn the sketchup physics plugin. Alas put it to good use and modify the mechmate sketchup file to make it move. Its amazing. :D To make it work you'll need to download sketchup physics plugin. Its Free.

Thank you. Enjoy.

Attachment 9900

javeria Thu 24 June 2010 21:35

Dany, could you PM me your email id, i want to make a bed for myself with your design above, if you have a hand drawn art work or just pictures taken in a better angle I could use it.

daniel1557 Sat 26 June 2010 08:47

1 Attachment(s)
A close up of the bed back. The front of the bed is exactly the same design. If u need the drawing i'll prepare and post it in a day or two. It could be of use to all.
Attachment 9906

daniel1557 Mon 28 June 2010 09:02

Bed design in sketchup

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, The following file has the bed design which is in the ahead posts. its a sketchup file. You'll need google sketchup to view it or edit it.

Thank u.
Attachment 9918

javeria Thu 01 July 2010 05:40

How does the MDF stand- do you think it will break when say a kid will try to pull it down???

daniel1557 Thu 01 July 2010 07:07

Mdf is screwed to the side posts which are of wood the thickness is of 1.5". Its really stiff and heavy.

roopam Sun 25 July 2010 09:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel1557 View Post
Hi All,

My names daniel. I am from Ahmedabad,Gujarat, India. I am an interior designer by education. We manufacture furnitures. As a hobby I also do paintings in church's. Decorations and sculptures renovation in churches. I have been working on a plan to make a 4'x4' work area Mechmate.

This is the most amazing site forum. Here the word from the bible come true. "Seek and Ye Shall Find""Knock and the door shall be opened" Mechmate is not just a site but a family.:)

Enjoy. Mechmate style.

Thank you.

Daniel
HI,

my name is roopam as iam interior designer from education from mumbai i am in the modular furniture industry in mumbai .Iam also been working on plan to make 4x4 work area mechmate :)

daniel1557 Thu 29 July 2010 11:18

Hi roopam,

Great thats an amazing idea. mechmate is the right place to start. amazing place to learn and grow. i also have done my interior design in mumbai. Rachna Sansad, near prabhadevi. keep in touch.

hennie Fri 30 July 2010 09:52

Dany you don`t need a Mechmate,good work

daniel1557 Mon 02 August 2010 09:59

Thanks hennie for the complement. The above works take a lot of time when done manually. And now a days people want everything quick, and they don't appreciate the hard work and quality of work and time that goes into doing it.

daniel1557 Sun 10 October 2010 00:10

Hi guys,

After a very long time. I have been looking out for stuffs in the market and atlast i have found few things. http://www.3xmotion.com/english/defa...tor_Driver.asp
I found a dealer who has these drivers.
He also has sanyo-denki motor. 86mm sq. 2 Phase and 5 Phase.
He has sent me details of copley control.
http://www.copleycontrols.com/Motion...pNet_Panel.pdf
http://www.copleycontrols.com/Motion...Net_Module.pdf

He also sent data of Nova motion control board MC8043P

Will any of these be useful in machmate?

I Have tried to talk to many if i could get gecko, Pmdx board. Haven't been successful.

8" C section and 3" C section are available in 20' length.
Have been looking for some one to do the laser cutting parts in town.

Need help to decide. Please help.

Thank you.