MechMate CNC Router Forum

MechMate CNC Router Forum (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/index.php)
-   MechMates already cutting (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Almost 2 years and FINALLY a breakdown. (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5614)

Kornerking Tue 21 November 2017 16:02

Almost 2 years and FINALLY a breakdown.

Almost 2 years since I completed my build. I survived a transfer to a new shop with no issues. Runs probably 30 hours a week. Awesome machine. Until this morning.

I went to run a program. Worked fine until it hit the G8 code to turn on the router then the machine stopped cold. Tried it again. Same issue. Unplug the router , no problem. Except I need the router running to cut. I thought maybe it was a defective router, plugged it into a cord and it runs just fine. Now what.

Went through a bunch of connections trying to isolate the culprit. Turns out the on off switch was weak and as soon as the router came on it threw the circuit. Ordered up the parts (17.00 including shipping) and they will be here next week. Meanwhile I ran an extension cord to the router so I can manually start it. I worked it all afternoon this way. Almost forgot to switch it on one time.

Bottom line this is what I love about my Mechmate. Because we built it we can diagnose it. No need for outside assistance.

By the way. Just checked and I see I'm not on the builders log as #127. Sheez.

jhiggins7 Tue 21 November 2017 18:38

Your entry #127 is in the Builder's Log. It was added in January 2017 as noted here and Updated here a couple of days later.

Kornerking Tue 21 November 2017 18:43

Sorry, I must have gone to an old posting.
Still a work horse.

Edit: I had checked the thread called update build log. Doesn't show there. Not a big deal.

Time to build another.

jhiggins7 Wed 22 November 2017 04:24

Pete,

When I check the Link at Updated Builder's Log within MechMates Already Cutting, I see the entry for #127 as well as the entry for last serial number awarded, #128.

If you're not seeing it, perhaps many people are not seeing it and I need to get it fixed. Take a look, again, and let us know the outcome. I appreciate your bringing this to my attention.

lonestaral Wed 22 November 2017 04:39

I see #127 and #128.

"Because we built it we can diagnose it. No need for outside assistance."
Very well said.

Kornerking Wed 22 November 2017 06:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhiggins7 View Post
Pete,

When I check the Link at Updated Builder's Log within MechMates Already Cutting, I see the entry for #127 as well as the entry for last serial number awarded, #128.

If you're not seeing it, perhaps many people are not seeing it and I need to get it fixed. Take a look, again, and let us know the outcome. I appreciate your bringing this to my attention.
It shows up on my desktop, not on the moble.

jhiggins7 Thu 23 November 2017 06:14

Al, thanks for checking.

Pete, I'm glad you were able to see the entry on your Desktop, but I have no idea why you couldn't see it on your Mobile. Just now, I was able to see it on my Android Phone mobile. As you suggested earlier, it may be a "browsing history" problem.

pblackburn Fri 24 November 2017 10:06

Clear your cache on your browser app and Google Drive app and it may fix the problem