MechMate CNC Router Forum

MechMate CNC Router Forum (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/index.php)
-   Introduce yourself and start planning (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Newbe here - Pennsylvania, USA (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200)

Dave Thu 19 April 2007 11:01

Newbe here - Pennsylvania, USA

Hi all:
My name is Dave and live Pennsylvania, Was a machinist a long time ago like 21 years ago. Now driving truck. I have a wood shop out back and do part time cabinet work.
I just found this site and think it's great. I started to plan my buying for the steel. There is a steel yard not far from me that has lots of steel and machine parts etc. I think the guy will get know me very well. Will be looking forward to working and posting here.
Take care and have fun
Dave

Kim Mortensen Thu 19 April 2007 16:27

Welcome to the Forum dave....

Jay Waters Thu 19 April 2007 18:28

Hi Dave, welcome aboard

Dave Mon 14 May 2007 21:30

I'm on my way to building. Just got e-mail my laser cut parts are in shippment now. and I got my v-rollers, Have to pickup rails at the fright depot tomorrow.
Got price on metal so I will have to pick that up as well!
Dave

McMark Sat 29 December 2007 06:19

Hi Dave,

How close are you to Pittsburgh? I'm getting ready to purchase some steel and just wondering if your guy is close...

Thanks
Mark

cobra427mnsi Sat 29 December 2007 08:21

Hi Dave
Welcome. This is my second post on this forum so I am a newbie as well. You said that your laser cut parts are in shipment now. Would you mind sharing from whom you ordered them and the cost. I haven't ordered anything yet I am just beginning the process. I was going to search locally for a shop that does laser cutting. There are quite a few automotive related machine shops in this area (Windsor/Detroit). However, if a few have ordered from one supplier, that supplier will be more familiar with the Mechmate needs and I will have less hassle trying to explain what I want.
What motors, controllers, power supply,etc have you decided to go with?
Have fun with your build and post lots of pics and info.

Paul

woodfish510 Tue 01 January 2008 11:44

Sorry for the delay in posting.
I'm not sure but the place where I got my laser parts no longer sells them. I checked thier site and it is not listed there any more. If you want you can send him a e-mail at donalds-hobby.com.
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra427mnsi View Post
Hi Dave
Welcome. This is my second post on this forum so I am a newbie as well. You said that your laser cut parts are in shipment now. Would you mind sharing from whom you ordered them and the cost. I haven't ordered anything yet I am just beginning the process. I was going to search locally for a shop that does laser cutting. There are quite a few automotive related machine shops in this area (Windsor/Detroit). However, if a few have ordered from one supplier, that supplier will be more familiar with the Mechmate needs and I will have less hassle trying to explain what I want.
What motors, controllers, power supply,etc have you decided to go with?
Have fun with your build and post lots of pics and info.

Paul

woodfish510 Tue 01 January 2008 11:48

Hi:
I'm in Reading Pa, and the yard whice I was going to buy from was sold to another person and he clean up the site and got rid of everything and no londer deals in salvage items. So I didn't even get to start my build as yet.
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMark View Post
Hi Dave,

How close are you to Pittsburgh? I'm getting ready to purchase some steel and just wondering if your guy is close...

Thanks
Mark

domino11 Thu 03 January 2008 11:51

Guys,
As far as I know Donald is not selling MM kits anymore. He had some trouble and decided not to do any more kits. If anyone has info that he is now supplying kits again please post details on the forum.

smreish Thu 03 January 2008 13:05

Forum,
Donald's Hobby is not selling parts anymore. I was his last MM customer. I have a source here in Orlando, FL with a laser that is working on Mamba parts pricing. I will post up the cost's soon.

darren salyer Mon 09 December 2013 19:20

Anyone else ever wonder if these abandoned threads ever resulted in a finished machine?
Makes me wonder what the true number of completed MMs really is...

lonestaral Mon 09 December 2013 20:02

29,031 members as of now.

If 1 % made a machine that would be a lot of machines.

darren salyer Mon 09 December 2013 20:32

About 290....give or take....:)

smreish Tue 10 December 2013 14:11

I've built 3 :)

darren salyer Tue 10 December 2013 16:26

Darn overachievers.....:)

Tom Ayres Tue 10 December 2013 21:27

Darren if you look at my thread you'd think I abandoned mine:)

lonestaral Wed 11 December 2013 05:24

It felt like I was building 3 :D

smreish Wed 11 December 2013 12:44

Al...that's funny.
To be honest.
The first one was for me.
The second one for a friend
The third..was a school project for my students
The fourth..just helped a friend who built an awesome machine on his own in my shop.

It got really easy on #3......I didn't need the drawings anymore :)

darren salyer Wed 11 December 2013 13:02

You are doing fine Tom.

Tom Ayres Wed 11 December 2013 17:30

If the darn weather would ease-up I could actually paint something...:(