MechMate CNC Router Forum

MechMate CNC Router Forum (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/index.php)
-   MechMates already cutting (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Cutting Gears on Two MechMates! #38 & #130 - Parnu, Estonia (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2102)

Claudiu Tue 29 September 2009 17:08

Hi Ivo

That is a good looking build!
I also thought about an integrated Indexer, your approach is definitely a good one.

Show me more...:)
Greetings

ifffff Thu 01 October 2009 14:06

4 Attachment(s)
Some pictures meanwhile. Looks like i bended one cable chain carrier wrong, but let it is - works so too. For indexer valley i made closing plate for that if i need bigger flat table.

Robert M Thu 01 October 2009 16:09

Nothing like moving on and no time wasted, but in your case, you’re speeding up…. Nicely !
Nice progress Ivo, looking forward to see it in action !.....what, maybe by Sunday ?? :D

ifffff Fri 02 October 2009 03:18

Maybe on sunday, but not on this sunday yet. Need to build Z axis. Im making it on linear rails. On weekend i plan finish sketching it and make metal work.

ifffff Wed 07 October 2009 14:57

3 Attachment(s)
For now Z axis is almost done. When i get water cooling system http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Produc...C=1160&ID=1618need build place for it. Then need search gas spring and make painting job.

ifffff Wed 07 October 2009 15:05

Hmmmm or this??? http://uk.thermaltake.eu/product_inf...745&ov=n&ovid=It has 3 times bigger cooling.

Gerald D Wed 07 October 2009 22:57

Nice progress!

javeria Thu 08 October 2009 06:23

Certainly a very nice Z axis design!

jhiggins7 Thu 08 October 2009 06:41

Looking good Ivo.:)

How much Z axis travel will you have?

ifffff Thu 08 October 2009 08:23

Z axis travel is about 50cm.

ifffff Wed 14 October 2009 14:37

1 Attachment(s)
Today i was cutting on plasma table what i have built. Was windy day and sometimes power from grid is waving. Not so much that it goes off but enough to shut down computer and ruined cutting job two times. So came on my head idea to add on system UPS (about 1000VA) what poweres computer and drivers-steppers. Idea is on that little power waving can cause computer shutdown and maybe loosed steps, but if plasma unit (on mechmate spindle) is unpowered about second - two it fires itself again or dont loose fire at all. On mechmate is possible make so if is small power loss and main relay opens it stops feeding and spindle goes up to safe z. Has anyone done it and some advice on that idea?

One picture of this plasma too, havent made pictures now its made on summer when was doing wiring job. Control box later moved off to separate it electrically to maschine. Plasma causes lot-lot of electrical noise. I built it for one metalworking company just before started my own mechmate.

ifffff Sun 25 October 2009 14:23

2 Attachment(s)
For now its cutting:) I replaced spindle to cheap router because spindle VFD what i had was faulty, and replacing it takes about 2 or 3 weeks. It cuts nice and smooth. Only this router is noisy, water cooled spindle is much-much quieter. But looks lihe i need to order Mechmate stickers.
To finally complete i need to end wiring job, sensors, puchbuttons etc. dont work yet. And then start build indexer axis.
One picture of one test job too. Its made on my friend picture. G-code is made with Artcam.Tool was 6mm ball nose and stepover 0,7mm

Gerald D Mon 26 October 2009 09:34

Well done Ivo! You are now in the "älready cutting" section of the forum

Why the square hole in the head? :)

domino11 Mon 26 October 2009 12:43

Looks like it could be an ear. :)

buibui Mon 26 October 2009 13:39

Congratulations, Ivo! I like the plasma too...did you adapt the Mechmate design?

ifffff Mon 26 October 2009 16:04

:D:D No its not ear. Just hasnt more uncutted mdf, and thought that hole will be cutted over but didnt. On plasma yes main beams and crossover beams are adapted on Mechmate design. But damn i think that router will not last so long if i get fixed VFD back, started today already making little unusual noise, but still working.

ifffff Tue 03 November 2009 15:00

1 Attachment(s)
Finally i got today stickers. And it looks with them nicer then i thought :D.
On Z axis temporary tied little anvil because router is lighter then spindle and Z axis was loosing steps sometimes when making down moves

Gerald D Tue 03 November 2009 20:03

Hi Ivo, yes that looks quite smart! And you have serial number 37.

domino11 Tue 03 November 2009 20:12

Congratulations Ivo! :)

Castone Tue 03 November 2009 20:32

Good job Ivo! Looks great !

ifffff Wed 04 November 2009 04:30

Gerald should not be serial number 38? In builders log i already see number 37.

jhiggins7 Wed 04 November 2009 06:11

Gerald,

Yep, Ivo is right. Bill of Weiser, Idaho has Serial #37.

Gerald D Wed 04 November 2009 06:34

Oops, make that #38 then! :o

jhiggins7 Wed 04 November 2009 07:00

Update Builder's Log

Ivo,

Congratulations on your build and Serial #38!:)

Here is the Updated Builder's Log.

Please let me know of any changes to your entry that you would like to make.

I'm anxious to see you put the "indexer notch" to work.

domino11 Wed 04 November 2009 08:33

Gerald,
There must be too many now if you are starting to lose track of the numbers. :)

Gerald D Wed 04 November 2009 10:48

Bear in mind that most people finish and post their pictures late at night after a hard day's work. But because most are to the west of me, I am already asleep. And then, at about 5am when I look at the forum for the first time, and am STILL asleep, I get confronted with keeping track of numbers! :o

ifffff Thu 10 December 2009 09:44

6 Attachment(s)
Here are pictures first bigger job what i had done with mechmate. Its kayak model for making molds. It was very messy job. After it was done i collected in my shop about 800 litres styrofoam dust :D. Cutter wad made from 12mm HSS metal drill bit, because it looks so that HSS cuts foam much better than HM bits.

Gerald D Thu 10 December 2009 10:56

Very impressive!

Any problems with the dust in the gear racks or in the v-rollers?

ifffff Thu 10 December 2009 14:47

Yes there was at beginnig pretty big problem with dust. Gear on Y axis collected so much dust that gear started jump over rack teeth. On pictures you can see dust protectors improved from cardboard and air tube what blows dust away. With X and Z axis wasnt problems. V rollers can handle dust very nice, they press it together and it falls down.

hennie Thu 10 December 2009 21:33

Ivo , I like what you did! making one of those is on my bucket list:)