PDA

View Full Version : Unknown stepper motor

Glenn D
Fri 08 August 2008, 20:37
Help I bought a PIG in a Poke! I was toll that it was a Shop Bot kit. What I ended up with was a standard shopbot control box, some wire and 4 stepper motor. The motor have 8 wires a p/n 90HS65DE053 No manufactory That it! I called Shop Bot all there motor have 4 wire. I'm looking for information on are even if these motor can be used. Also Im looking for the wiring connector from the Shopbot control box to the motor. Thanks

Gerald D
Fri 08 August 2008, 21:22
That motor p/n doesn't ring any bells. Can you post some pictures of it? Also, the ShopBot control boxes have changed over the years, can you take pics of the control board inside that box?

Glenn D
Sat 09 August 2008, 07:15
I hope this helps

Gerald D
Sat 09 August 2008, 08:17
The ShopBot control box looks like a 4G with 4 Gecko 203V drives stacked one above the other - you need to get a closer pic to confirm that. If it is indeed A SB Version4G then that part has some merit - but you will have to join the ShopBot forum for support. (I would not use the 4G as presented in that PC case - I would strip out the Geckos, the power supply, get a decent cabinet, a fan & a PMDX-122.)

The motor unfortunately is too small, unless that is a big mug of coffee. That motor was never used by SB.

Gerald D
Sat 09 August 2008, 08:26
http://www.shopbottools.com/prt_4g_upgrade.htm (They since changed the power supply)

Glenn D
Sat 09 August 2008, 18:33
Well the box is pertty. Thanks for your time just another set back glenn