PDA

View Full Version : Xylotex motors?

DaveBarr
Sat 12 January 2008, 22:17
I'm getting ready to start my own router project and I was refered to these motors because my budget is low. I like them mostly becuase the fit perfect in my price range and they are (as advertised) plug and play. I'd like to be able to use them with the rack and pinion drive but I am nowhere near as informed on the subject as ya"ll are. here are the specs of the steppers. Holding Torque 269 oz.in
Rated Current 2.8A/phase
Phase Resistance 1.13 Ohms
Phase Inductance 3.6mH
Step Angle 1.8 degree (200 spr)
Motor Body Length 3 inches
Shaft width .25 inch
Front Shaft length .75 inch
Back Shaft length .62 inch
Wire lead length ~12 inches
I'd like to know basically what ya'll would use to get it to work. And maybe an estimate on IPM if that would not be too much of a hassle.
I program cnc's at work, so I know a little about how they work but I for the life of me am not very good at electrical stuff i.e. anything electrically realted. So if you reply please be gentle and explain it to me as if I fell off the the proverbial turnip truck. Thanks.:)

Gerald D
Sun 13 January 2008, 00:02
Sorry, they are much too small.

DaveBarr
Sun 13 January 2008, 07:58
I know that they would not be strong enough for the size of the machines that you are building. What if I built a lighter gantry. Like say out of extruded alminum and braced it well enough to keep it rigid and kept the max table size at 4'x4'. Instead of using a heavy router I was going to use a laminate trimmer. Like I said I'm Just looking to get my foot in the door with a machine.

Gerald D
Sun 13 January 2008, 08:04
Sorry Dave, this website is for building the full size machine only.