PDA

View Full Version : My Router Motor Died, Now What!

mersigns
Thu 01 March 2018, 15:48
I bought my machine used. Set it up in shop and self taught myself. I really like the machine but have a few questions. Were do I buy parts for this machine. and can I get some help on the finer points of machine. We are a sign shop and really only use about 10% of machines ability.

jeep534
Thu 01 March 2018, 18:09
by parts what do you mean is there a problem or is this a general question these machines were assembled from parts from various sources and is it blue :-)

archie

mersigns
Thu 31 May 2018, 08:36
my router motor died were can i get it repaired or repaced

mersigns
Thu 31 May 2018, 08:37
I need my router motor repaired or replaced can someone help

servant74
Thu 31 May 2018, 10:00
Good routers aren't cheap. If yours isn't under warranty, IMHO, just buck up and get new one.

If you make $$ from it, keep a spare on hand, that way, even if one dies, you can keep making $$, and try to get the old one repaired or replaced.

pblackburn
Sun 03 June 2018, 10:54
Also most routers are universal motors. These are not meant to run forever like induction motors. They have a limited lifespan. For instance your standard wet dry vac uses a universal motor. Their standard life in terms of hours is 750. If you use this machine to make money and need it more reliable then I would recommend the expense of a spindle upgrade or do what Jack said, have a spare router on hand to replace the one on the machine with.