PDA

View Full Version : Spammers

MetalHead
Tue 28 May 2013, 05:18
We have had a rash of spammers the last week. If you see a spam post, just clcik the "report post" link and we will address it shortly.

I have banned a whole list of what I expect to be spammers and I hope this will stop them for the moment. I will be working to change up the registration process again to stop them for a while.

Gerald D
Tue 28 May 2013, 07:52
Please do not reply to a spammer - only press the Report Post button (red/white triangle top right of post) if you really want to do something. Most times the moderators see the spam quite quickly, so you actually only need to report the spam if you think the moderators are asleep. :)

If you reply, your post must also be deleted and that is extra work for the moderators. Deleting a spammer and his posts is very quick....if you have replied, you could be caught up in the banning :eek:

darren salyer
Tue 28 May 2013, 09:51
I'm guilty of replying.
Thought I was helping. Sorry.:o

swatkins
Tue 28 May 2013, 10:47
Mike it is probably time to upgrade the forum software. spammers hitting you hard is just the first step of the attacks that will come and the VB 3.xxx series is full of holes that will allow them in.

The good news is there is now a great forum software that is easy to uses and safer. This forum will import easily and retain all current forums and permissions.

I have always wanted to " give something back" to this community and would be happy to help you convert it over and would even throw in some free hosting. to boot :-)
Just give me a shout.

sailfl
Tue 28 May 2013, 16:26
Gerald,

Thanks for the suggestion to stop replying. I do not want to create extra work.