PDA

View Full Version : Hi, new to the gang - Bangalore, India

ANIL
Mon 04 June 2007, 07:20
just real mind blowing.........
guys trying to adopt this plan to build a mig welding bot......what do u guys think.can i try..........

Gerald D
Mon 04 June 2007, 10:03
Welcome Anil!

Not being familiar with a mig welding bot, can you tell us how it will be different to a board-cutting CNC router table?

The first things that come to my mind is that you will want a 4th axis to rotate the mig "gun", and that the electrical noise could be an issue.....

paco
Mon 04 June 2007, 11:25
Once you got the 4th axis setup and the noise/grounding issue "resolved", do you have a CAM package in mind for that very particular process?

Maybe you can configure one of those 5 axis robot arm CAM software...? I'm not very familiar with 5 axis CAM...

Feed speed and tip height is critical in MIG welding... robot quality weld that is... not that some human hand aren't capable of very good looking weld...

I think it's very feasible but the tricky part is the toolpathing (CAM) part; if you get it up and running, I (we) want to see it! Thanks in advance and keep us post on your project.

Gerald D
Mon 04 June 2007, 12:03
I don't think the noise/grounding is any worse than a plasma cutter, and the MechMate style motors/wiring/BOB's are often used for plasma cutters.

A lot of robot welding is boring old 2D stuff, and I see no problem to do that

ANIL
Tue 05 June 2007, 01:39
thanks all of u for the inputs....will post my plans shortly coz i'll have to sit on my drawing board for now.

ANIL
Sat 09 June 2007, 09:45
any more usefull tips would be of great help....
looking forward for it
thanks guys