PDA

View Full Version : Proximity Sensor Boards

zigmart
Sat 04 June 2011, 13:24
I bit the bullet and had 3 of the Proximity Sensor Boards that Richards designed here (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8710&postcount=38).

As I only need 1, I will be selling the other 2, I also have the screw terminals to fit the board.

$25 shipped in the USA

John

JamesJ
Sat 04 June 2011, 19:48
PM'ed you.

zigmart
Sat 04 June 2011, 22:59
1 left

aussie_mick
Sun 05 June 2011, 16:58
How much to send it to Australia?

Mick

zigmart
Sun 05 June 2011, 18:49
It would be $40 including shipping to Australia.

I wont send it any other way then global priority as I have had really bad luck sending things internationally any other way.

aussie_mick
Mon 06 June 2011, 15:37
Sounds Good:D. I'll take the last one off your hands. Now just have to figure out how to pay for it:confused:.

I will try and PM you later to get more details if you don't PM me first.

Mick

JamesJ
Sat 18 June 2011, 11:19
FYI: I found that one of the runs on the board was incorrect and had to cut it in order to fix it. Pin 5 of U6 is connected to +5 vdc and should not be. This causes the signal for Proxy #2 to constantly be active. After correcting that I also found that U9 and it's associated AND logic would not work with my proxies (Aeco, NPN NO) that I purchased from factorymation.com. Fortunately I was able to substitute a 74LS32 TTL chip for U9 which uses OR logic and it works beautifully now.

Also, I have not setup my A-axis so I made a short jumper and put between pins 2 an3 on that proxy's connector. This allows the other proxies to work normally.

It's great to see the machine home itself. I set the proxies up as home and limit switches to prevent hard crashes into the stops. I convinced myself of the need after having "senior moments" where I drove the axis into the mechanical stops.

John, thanks for taking the time to get the boards made. Hope this helps you avoid any problems.

JamesJ
Sun 19 June 2011, 19:42
John,
Here is a picture of the pcb. The circled area is where the trace has to be cut.
http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n493/rcheli1/Mechmate/CutTrace.jpg
Hope this helps.