PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Northwest Social Gathering

jehayes
Sun 20 February 2011, 18:54
Following the excellent example of our South African colleagues, three of the Pacific Northwest Mechmate builders (Joe #53, Travish and BuiBui) got together to check out BuiBui's fine machine and discuss their projects.

Many thanks to BuiBui for hosting us and letting us pick his brains about his excellent work as seen in these photos.

smreish
Sun 20 February 2011, 19:11
ok....I have to make a set of those VW people!

jehayes
Sun 20 February 2011, 19:13
Talk to BuiBui, they're his.:)

Joe

Travish
Mon 21 February 2011, 12:58
Was good to meet up again Joe! everyone seems to be doing well! Seeing others work and progress is very motivating to say the least.

Cheers,
Travis

Gerald D
Tue 22 February 2011, 01:05
Hey, do you guys know a town called Enumclaw? I used to import stuff from there about 10 years ago. Planned to visit them once and they informed me that they don't allow factory visits, after that I found a better supplier.

Travish
Tue 22 February 2011, 07:48
I used to live out there when I was a kid. I make it out that way every couple years to ski Crystal Mt.

jehayes
Tue 22 February 2011, 10:10
From Wikipedia: "The name Enumclaw is derived from a Salish Native American term that translates as "place of evil spirits", apparently referring to Enumclaw Mountain, located about 6 miles (9.7 km) to the north, and referring either to some evil incident that occurred there or to the frequent powerful windstorms that affect the region."

Gerald D
Tue 22 February 2011, 10:49
Place of evil spirits......hmmmmmm. Maybe it is just as well that they steered me away :)