PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else finding that they could register, but not post?

Admin
Sun 20 May 2007, 10:15
One regular from the old forum has just reported that he can't post here, even though he registered okay. (If I look at the member list, he is 100% okay here).

Who else might be having this problem? (This is not a ploy to get you to post - just look at the box bottom left and it tells you there if you can post or not). Use the "Contact us" link at bottom right to tell me.

Admin
Sun 20 May 2007, 11:43
Our friend with the problem has posted since...:)

Gerald D
Sun 20 May 2007, 13:15
Two of the reported problems so far seem to be due to fact this forum does not remember your log-in from session to session unless you check the "Remember Me" box next to your username when logging in. Most of us would happily click the Remember Me once and never have to do it again. A small minority might be concerned that someone else is going to use their computer and make "unauthorised" posts to this forum - then don't check the Remember Me.

(The old forum's default was to remember unless you specifically turned it off - most didn't)

Admin
Sun 20 May 2007, 13:54
Somebody has just mailed me to say that even though he is logged in, he cannot see another member's "profile" by clicking on the (underlined) names. (The imported posts don't have links to profiles). Anybody else that sees nothing when they click on my name in this post?

And, if you click on my name, you should see a PM (private message) option (upper right) - anybody not seeing this?

Evan
Sun 20 May 2007, 15:57
Seems to work for me. Good work Gerald.