PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Kansas

newmachinest
Mon 27 September 2010, 10:38
I would like to start off by thanking MM for starting this informative forum. Also, for giving away the plans to what appears to be a well built CNC machine.

I have always been very fascinated with CNC machines and have done many hours of "research" online for building one myself. I have no prior machining experience, so I will be starting from scratch and learning as I go. However, I am very familiar with computers, electronics, etc.

:confused: I am open to and appreciate any words wisdom or advice!!

Thanks! :)

MetalHead
Mon 27 September 2010, 11:21
Welcome to the site. You'll find great info available to assist you in your build. Dive in and have fun !!!

newmachinest
Mon 27 September 2010, 12:41
MetalHead,

I found the link to your store. I see that you sell laser cut parts kits. I apologize because this is probably a "newbie" question, but what exactly does that kit include for building the mech mate machines. If this is already posted could you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks! :)

domino11
Mon 27 September 2010, 17:52
newmachinest,
When you download the plans look at the title blocks of the drawings. There will be a letter there. This tells you the process for that drawing. W for weld, S for Saw, P is for profiled laser cut parts. :) There are others, have a look.

newmachinest
Mon 27 September 2010, 19:03
domino11,

Hey thanks!! I appreciate the tip. Now I need to just make a materials list and "TRY" to put those prints to work. :eek:

Thanks!