PDA

View Full Version : Not a MechMate but it is cool

sailfl
Thu 15 April 2010, 17:08
I have been making marketing calls more and more and achieving some success but more importantly making connections for future work.

I stopped in one place and back in the corner was a huge CNC machine covered in dust from lack of use.

Komo machine.

Yes there are three spindles and the black one with the red dot is a laser probe for making copies. There is a tool changer.

sailfl
Thu 15 April 2010, 17:14
There is a spindle with a huge Tailstock and Headstock. The control unit and the controller boxes. There is also a huge vacuum unit.

The table moves on this unit.

sailfl
Thu 15 April 2010, 17:15
It has not been used because they can not figure out how to operate it. It came with the business the owner bought. I am hoping that I can get it to cut and I will be able to use it to cut some very large things.

domino11
Thu 15 April 2010, 17:39
Nils,
That is a really neat find. Shame it has set lifeless for so long. Good luck getting it going. :)

riesvantwisk
Thu 15 April 2010, 19:35
If I remember correctly, a fanuc is capable of accepting g-code.

Gerald D
Fri 16 April 2010, 00:03
Brilliant find Nils!

Just remember that monster is not so forgiving for the learning curve; its gantry won't simply jump, and there is no replaceble spoilboard when the cutter dives too deep.

MetalHead
Fri 16 April 2010, 05:18
So did you buy it or are they going to let you run it at their shop?

sailfl
Fri 16 April 2010, 07:29
No, I don't have that kind of capital. They paid 60K for 120K machine. If I get operating, they are going to give me access to it. I hope I can also get the laser probe working so I can copy things.

I forgot to metion, the Z height cutting is 16".

mrghm
Sun 18 April 2010, 02:20
i almost brought one of these last year at a liqudiators auction for $1500.

sailfl
Tue 04 May 2010, 02:28
Update on progress to get the beast running.

I found some one that is good at fixing CNC machines. The machine lost it configuration files because the batteries were not replaced when they needed to be. The owner of the machine loaded the parameters back into memory but not load all the necessary info.

Hopefully this week some basic things will be fixed and the machine will work.

kooskoek
Thu 06 May 2010, 14:59
""""It has not been used because they can not figure out how to operate it. It came with the business the owner bought. I am hoping that I can get it to cut and I will be able to use it to cut some very large things.""

I think you might want to start using the industial vacuum first..lol