PDA

View Full Version : Seriously Starting my Build - Leeds, UK

andrewuk
Mon 12 April 2010, 11:57
Hello
I have been reading this forum for a couple of years now and I want to say thanks to Gerald and all who post on this forum for all the information you have made available.
I am thinking of building a 10x5 machine but i am very limited on space i probably wont want to cut 10x5 more than twice a week. ill be cutting 8x4 mostly so i was wondering if i could cut 10x5 on a 8x5 machine ie by stopping cutting at the 8 foot point and moving the board up by 2 foot is this possible ?....Thanks

J.R. Hatcher
Tue 13 April 2010, 04:47
I would say sure, if you use 2 files and can rezero the X & Y axis to your satisfaction.

domino11
Tue 13 April 2010, 08:12
Welcome Andrew. I have seen this done by others on different forums, so it is possible.

andrewuk
Fri 16 April 2010, 09:09
Thanks for the replies.......after careful consideration i think ill have to find the room and go for 10x5 hopefully making a start in the next couple of weeks

riesvantwisk
Fri 16 April 2010, 17:32
Andrew,

I think that's a good decision.
If you cut that size twice a week, then properly you don't want to start mudding with moving a board, time is money!

andrewuk
Thu 02 August 2012, 15:00
So now i finally have the time to seriously start my build, i though it was time to try the motors and drivers and all seems well. Going to start the steel work this weekend will post some pics soon as i want a working machine ASAP.

riesvantwisk
Thu 02 August 2012, 16:19
Andrew,

glad to see you working on the kitchen table project!
Keep us updated, and Metalhead will move this thread to the 'Construction started, but not cutting yet' portion of the forum.

andrewuk
Sat 25 August 2012, 10:34
made a pcb relay board today using these instructions
http://clacktronics.co.uk/diy/pressnpeel

Big thanks to Dmitriy for sharing his design