PDA

View Full Version : Looking for parts for vacuum hold down system

liaoh75
Wed 10 February 2010, 09:53
I recently purchased a 10 HP Roots blower at a very good price for a vac hold down system. I'm looking for a canister filter assembly and pressure relief valve parts.

Can anyone point me to a source for these parts? I've attached a pic for clarification on what I'm looking for. My pipes are 3" to the manifold so I'll need 3" inlets and outlets. Any advice or words of wisdom would be sincerely appreciated.

Alan_c
Wed 10 February 2010, 10:04
Hi David, cant help with the pressure relief valve, but try one of the large truck type filters for the intake (try the local wreckers yard for the outer canister, and the spares shop for the actual filter) There is no big secret to the filter, it must just stop small particles and pass enough volume for the pump to breathe.

liaoh75
Wed 10 February 2010, 10:12
Hi Alan, thanks for your reply. I've already checked into this and all the stuff I'm seeing is plastic. I need a metal part as the roots blower pulls 24" Hg and I don't want any failure of plastic parts. I did run into a few metal canisters but they were of the 2" variety. I was thinking that there must be some technical term for this thing as I see it from time to time in other shops.