PDA

View Full Version : Haven't seen anyone from Finland - yet

alfred_j_kwak
Sat 06 February 2010, 12:04
Hi,

I have been reading this forum for a while now and maybe it is time to admit, that I'm planning to build my very own MechMate.

All the bendings and laser cutting is already done and next step is find some real steel for frame.

I'm automation engineer so I suppose that mechanical issues are bigger challenge than electrical side ... and after couple of years we all can laugh for my stupidity...

We'll see.

And of course I have to apologize my english - it's not so fluent. :D

-Jussi-

Kobus_Joubert
Sat 06 February 2010, 12:25
Welcome Jussi,

I am sure you will be fine here. Lot's of help, just ask.

Gerald D
Sat 06 February 2010, 12:46
Jussi, if you build your MM like your English, it is going to be darn good! Welcome!

MetalHead
Sat 06 February 2010, 14:50
Glad to have you with us. Any photos of your work so far?

alfred_j_kwak
Sat 06 February 2010, 15:09
No photos yet, just lasered part.

I suppose that Mike has seen some almost similar laser cuts before. :)

As soon as there is some progress I'll send photos - but then I'm already building...

I was plannig to use steppers from Teco Electro Devices and start with direct drive. I haven't yet decided which control system I'm going to use. So basically I'm doing this against all recommendations. No kitchen table laboratory first. :rolleyes:
On the other hand this system (MechMate) is already tested so good that risk is tolerable. I hope.

If here is somone who has used Tecos steppers or even their drives, I'm more than happy to receive some feedback.

-Jussi-

isladelobos
Sat 06 February 2010, 15:41
Hi Jussi.

In your zone have one very good drivers in www.granitedevices.fi

domino11
Sat 06 February 2010, 19:00
Welcome Jussi!