PDA

View Full Version : New build soon hopefully in WV

jkountz
Thu 04 February 2010, 17:09
Well guys after pouring over this site for the last year or so I have decided to try my hand at building a MM. Its going to take me quite a while due mostly to funding more than anything else. I will have to do the build in small batches when I get the money to buy the next round of parts. Right now Im gathering steel and tools. A little background on me: Right now I work as a lab technician making prosthetic legs and orthotics. Before that I was a general building contractor for the last 25 years or so and a woodworker/cabinetmaker. My metal working skills are limited but I have good sources of help that live just down the road so Im not too worried about that part. The wiring and computer work doesnt bother me too much as I feel fairly proficient in each of those areas. Im learning CAD right now since that it my weakest area for running a CNC.
I hope my many questions that I know Im going to have doesnt bother anyone!!:D:D

For the time being I have to go clean out the space in the shop to get ready for the build. Thats going to take some time!!:o

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and of course my completed MM.

Jim in West Virginia

jhiggins7
Thu 04 February 2010, 17:30
Welcome to the Forum, Jim

I was born near Morgantown and lived near Huntington for a spell.

sailfl
Thu 04 February 2010, 17:34
Jim

Ask your questions! We were all there and still have questions.

Welcome and good luck with your build.

MetalHead
Thu 04 February 2010, 22:49
Welcome - Glad you have joined us !!!