PDA

View Full Version : Carved Coat Rack

Castone
Sun 27 December 2009, 19:55
Making a new coat rack for myself. It is 40" long about 10.50" wide, ran about 3 hours . Need to do a little sanding and staining add some hooks and she will be ready to hang on the wall.

Kobus_Joubert
Sun 27 December 2009, 23:19
Nice Leo, hope you made little drilling marks with your MechMate where you will be putting in hooks for the coats. I do this then I know the things are spaced evenly.
Show us a picture when it is finished.

Castone
Sat 02 January 2010, 18:05
Here you go Kobus, My camera does not work as well as yours. But here are a couple pics. The screws to mount this to the wall where to be under the hooks so they would not show. But when I started to hang it there where no studs in the wall ,that were spaced like I needed to let me center the thing where I wanted to put it. So I asked my wife if she would ever want to move it later on and she said no, so off I went to get the double sided tape I had left over from my build . I know I will regret this someday but not today HA HA !!

swatkins
Sat 02 January 2010, 18:48
Next time you run into the problem of studs not being in the correct place try one of these..... http://www.easyanchors.com/ They work really well!

Kobus_Joubert
Sat 02 January 2010, 22:47
I like I like it very much. Hope the double sided tape will hold the load if all 8 hooks are full of coats. Otherwise you might have a new ventilation / inspection hole in that drywall someday

sailfl
Sun 03 January 2010, 02:44
Leonard,

Your coat rack looks great. Thanks for sharing the final piece.

jessyjames
Sun 03 January 2010, 09:17
Leonard, looks great also. What I would do if I were you is to buy some drywall anchors and screw them into the wall then use screws to attach the coat rack to the wall. If you have plaster they have anchors for that purpose.

Good job :)

javeria
Sun 03 January 2010, 09:19
Leo - what stepover do you use and what is the ball nose bit size

Castone
Sun 03 January 2010, 12:08
Thanks to all . Irfan , I ran a .062" Dia 15 deg cutter at .012" step over. I ran it all in one pass with an edge prep on the boarders. Cut speed 200 IPM

domino11
Mon 04 January 2010, 08:17
Leo,
Very Impressive. I love the stain colour. :)

Rad Racer
Mon 04 January 2010, 19:42
Nice work Leo, love the design.

What did you use for design software.....ArtCam?

Castone
Tue 05 January 2010, 13:20
Hi Wayne , I bought the image of the goose. Just drew the outlines in 2D , the basket weave is just a texture and programed it in mastercam. Thanks , Leo

Castone
Sun 10 January 2010, 23:14
Here is another one with some live action 12" x 36" .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SthCAs1kOSM