PDA

View Full Version : New from Pretoria

iclazion
Mon 18 January 2010, 02:46
Hi all been working the forum for some time and thought I might introduce myself. I am Leonard van der Merwe from Pretoria, near Wonderboom airport. I own a graphic design company that’s been in the industry for 6 years and counting. www.cherryweb.co.za. I have been following and researching everything said on the mechmate forum, and am sure that I will have a mechmate cutting before August 2010. Lets see if a 26 year old has the skill to build a Mechmate.

KenC
Mon 18 January 2010, 03:33
Welcome, the only requirement to build is determination.

If in any part of the build didn't workout then its solely your fault, Garald's plan is NEVER wrong... This is from my ongoing personal build experience....

iclazion
Mon 18 January 2010, 03:41
Good I am counting on it. :) Well I have to say some topic “motors and gears” has been confusing but I am sure everything will work out 100%.

Gerald D
Mon 18 January 2010, 03:50
Oh, we do find problems with the plans from time to time, but that is all supposed to be listed here: Drawing problems and revisions required, considered and intended . . . (http://www.mechmate.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75)

iclazion
Mon 18 January 2010, 04:23
Thanks a million, will have a in-depth read through the topic. PS: Off topic. Gerald do you know of a company in South Africa able to supply me with pinions and racks? It doesn’t matter if it’s in Cape Town as long as I can get hold of the company. The companies I tried in Pretoria usually don’t have a clue what I am talking about :)

hennie
Mon 18 January 2010, 05:01
Nusaf Engineering in Wynberg