PDA

View Full Version : MM for sale? Maybe if someone is interested

smreish
Mon 04 January 2010, 19:56
Hello everyone.
Machine #5 may be up for sale soon. I am gathering interest to see if I want to sell this one to finance a bigger version of the same.

5x10 table with 48" z and 11" z (both included), computer, drive box, the whole ball of wax.

..feel free to follow my build thread for detail photo's.

The BBQ pit indexer is included too. But this is for 4 sided machining only. IT will not do continuous 4th axis machining due to the mechanical stops built into the indexer. But, the internal stops are removable if you have the will and time to disassemble the gear box.

This is an interest only query. If I have someone with serious interest, I will consider selling this machine.

Sean

smreish
Fri 15 January 2010, 12:59
....Not available until further notice. Company I worked for closed. MM owned by the bank now.

Sean

lumberjack_jeff
Fri 15 January 2010, 13:49
Sorry to hear that Sean. :(

Good luck.

bradm
Fri 15 January 2010, 15:26
Oh no! Best wishes going your way, and I hope you have some new gigs available. Of course, as a homebrew, one of a kind, unsupported piece of electro-steel whatsit, that MM should be worth, what, $600 to the bank, right? Got any room in your garage?

domino11
Fri 15 January 2010, 16:26
Sean, sorry to hear that. Do as Brad suggests, maybe get it for a song, you built it anyway. :)

smreish
Fri 15 January 2010, 18:58
Brad,
That's the plan if it ever goes to auction.
I'll keep everyone posted.
Sean

Gerald D
Fri 15 January 2010, 20:24
Sean, sorry to hear about the company. Suggest you remove the decals/logos before the bank makes its inventory.

Robert M
Sat 16 January 2010, 06:06
Sean, very very sorry to hear that :(
, and as a small business owner, I’m particularly sensitive to these sorrow moments you will live/go through.
Hang in man, on a positive side, you will grow taller out of this eventually, take it from me and many other like me who, well hate to put here on your thread, but I did go through a bankruptcy 10 years ago….not an experience you would wish to anyone, but….After all that, ten yrs later, I can assure you, in my case, as in most cases, it was actually a blessing, it open me other path witch today I’m very great full for….Especially great full for meeting people like you, Gerald and many others….

You’ll see, you get some good out of this some years down the road, you too much of a nice & smart guy to get crush by this “speed bump”.
It will eventually serve you….It does too so many I read, meet &…exchange with.

If there can be anything, aside money, I can help you with, you have my private coordinates.
Sending you all the good vibs I can….All the best man !
Amicalement, Robert ;)

smreish
Sat 16 January 2010, 07:12
To all, thanks. I'm fine and working for another company. Sad economy and choices that present themselves. On the upside. Look for the start of the MechTorch project starting next week at the University. I will be overseeing a student class project build for the University of North Carolina. More fun ahead!

....we can close this thread now.