PDA

View Full Version : Mirror Frames

Kobus_Joubert
Sat 19 September 2009, 06:27
Received some NICE files from a friend far far away. I am afraid to name him just now everybody bothers him :D. So thank you my Friend my Suzuki Friend.

This is the first of the files I cut from his collection....will become a nice mirror.

Claudiu
Sat 19 September 2009, 12:27
Absolutetly beautyful, this is gonna be a nice mirror.
You are lucky to have friends in far far away.;)

Nice work. When I see such lovely pieces of Artwork, I realize that I have to get my ROBOT up and running. ..............................gotta finish my robot....gotta finish my robot:D

That would also be a suitable present for my wife...;)

Is it possible there is a small misscut in the third pic upper left corner?

Greetings

Kobus_Joubert
Sat 19 September 2009, 13:16
The vectors are not 100% clean. But Vectric V-Carve Pro V5 has some tools to identify OPEN and DUPLICATE vectors. After a quick clean with these tools I let it cut the file. Some vectors OVERLAP each other and I think that is what you are picking up on the 3rd picture....2 vectors very close to each other, and then the MDF breaks out to for a wide channel....but what the heck nothing in nature is 100 % so this looks handmade and not produced in a factory where every piece looks the same.

This mirror took about one hour to cut with a 90 deg 12mm V-bit
The reccess at the back took about 12 minutes with a 9.5 mm straight cutter to pocket.

domino11
Sat 19 September 2009, 16:32
Kobus,
I like them!

sailfl
Sat 19 September 2009, 17:08
Kobus,

Very nice.

Yea, I have those same vector duplicate problems. I check the drawings very closely before I bring it into Aspire. Extra lines are a pain.

hennie
Sun 20 September 2009, 01:37
Mooi oom ! You are cutting interresting things the way it looks now is that one of these days you will be cutting diffs for chinese bakkies.:D

Kobus_Joubert
Sun 20 September 2009, 03:14
With chinese steppers...and mybe a chinese spindel one of these day's...who knows

Kobus_Joubert
Mon 09 November 2009, 09:43
Finally managed to finish that mirror I started a while ago. Could not decide on what to put on, so this weekend I was on my way to grab the interior wall paint when my eye caught the tin of waterbased varnish. Well I am glad it did because I think the end result speaks for itself. The deeper parts automatically turned a darker coulour, just what I waned it too be. Thanks again my friend far fa away that got me this artwork.

javeria
Mon 09 November 2009, 09:58
So magical

domino11
Mon 09 November 2009, 10:59
Kobus,
You are right, that finish does the piece justice! Wow.