PDA

View Full Version : Football (Soccer) World Cup - Cape Town should feature on your television today

Gerald D
Fri 04 December 2009, 03:48
Tonight (local & European time), there is a major media event in my home city. Aside from the FIFA draw (http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/finaldraw/index.html) in the studios, there should be a lot of general (and live) coverage of Cape Town & South Africa.

PEU
Fri 04 December 2009, 04:51
Glad you posted about the WC. All media outlets here in Argentina are talking about it, we are all expectant about what our group will be.

PEU
Fri 04 December 2009, 12:58
And as far I can recall we never got so lucky at the FIFA WC draft, our zone is one of the easiest, I can't say the same for South Africa, tough group...

Good luck to all

Gerald D
Fri 04 December 2009, 20:15
South Africa should not be playing in the World Cup because we are not one of the 32 best teams in the world. (we are now 84th). So, group A is one of the easiest groups - if you are not from South Africa. ;)

wintersgillg
Sat 05 December 2009, 05:37
Gerald

Something to bear in mind is that when Engerland won the WC in the 1966 they did not qualify (again) and then did not qualify again until 1982. Of course the the press have now seen the first group matches and now fully expect their team to reach the finals - I certainly hope not it is bad enough with them reminding us that they have won it.

In case you haven't guessed I only support 2 football teams - Scotland and anyone that plays England.

Graham

ps :):):)